What the hell does this mean?

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
A local restaurant says on their website:

"Pat's Tap serves palindromic gastro pub fare."

How can food be palindromic? The rest is jargon but 'palindromic'????

If you have an answer, please let me know. This is popular place with good food and lots of beer choices.

My husband thinks that they're just messin' with people and that this has no real meaning. What do you think?

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
What they mean is their food does not give the customer gastro intestine discomfort... Its the latest fad to say we use all natural ingredients, no MSG's...

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was gorgeous. It's the second most gorgeous thing I've read today. I've been defrosting the fridge so a lot of what I've been reading has been The Ariston Fridge-Freezer Guide to Food Preservation and Frigidaire Care (in French) but whatever... The first most gorgeous thing, if you want to know, was Sandi Toksvig's comment on the Tories - which I missed the first time around: "The Tories put the n into cuts"

Such a crush on that woman. Sandi - I wuv you!

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
I thought it was gorgeous. It's the second most gorgeous thing I've read today. I've been defrosting the fridge so a lot of what I've been reading has been The Ariston Fridge-Freezer Guide to Food Preservation and Frigidaire Care (in French) but whatever... The first most gorgeous thing, if you want to know, was Sandi Toksvig's comment on the Tories - which I missed the first time around: "The Tories put the n into cuts"

Such a crush on that woman. Sandi - I wuv you!

Sandi Toksvig is wonderful. I first saw her on Who's Line is It Anyway and have enjoyed her work ever since.

By the way, for anyone who hasn't seen it, she hosted a comedy panel show with a literary theme called What the Dickens?
It can be found on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkQ5Qy85qws