Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel Udin

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.racheludin.com
PoC Markets

This can be a bit difficult to search for on Duotrope/Ralan... it's not exactly a category, so I thought we could have a running list? Especially since I only know two that are actively doing this thus far.

Just be sure to write in what genre they accept... which will make it easier on readers...

Crossed Genre Magazine- Front page and center encourages women who are older saving the world, QUILTBAG, PoCs and all of those things done well. They do Fantasy/Science Fiction. Plus their new themes every month look fun to write for, high acceptance rate, pro rate paying, incentive to new (pro-paid) writers, makes me really want to get published with them.

Strange Horizons
- Speculative fiction. They are constantly looking for diversity fiction and actively seeking people to write articles on how to do it better (Though those articles usually run around 6,000 words). They also have a lot of help for those who are lost. Pro.
Any others you want to add?

Last edited:

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
for non-fiction:

www.mootmagazine.com

The editor is a gay biracial man, last I knew submissions were unpaid, but I really like the magazine and the editor. (Never met him, but I like what he writes, and both GLBT and PoC issues are common themes.)

I have written a few things for this mag, and thought it was worth it even without pay because I put info about my other writing in my bio and it's just a really cool site.

Status
Not open for further replies.