Not open for further replies.

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
Black Cats crossing you way - walking under a ladder - etc. Are those things only bad on this day or always?

Anyone here have any interesting happening or something that happened on a Friday the 13th or anyone here superstitious about anything OR just won't do something this day.

My mom claims she's not superstitious but she will absolutely not touch any pork on this day. (normally she doesn't but she likes bacon with breakfast sometimes BUT never on Friday 13th)

My daughters got up early and one of them was already dreading going to school - I don't understand why - it's just another day. She has a Chair Test in band today (she's Chair One) and she's so good but was afraid to lose her spot. I told her if she did, it's because she's letting this get to her and has nothing to do with the day itself. But she was telling me she's frustrated at the teacher for scheduling the chair test today.

sirensix

Mediocre Sorceress
Registered
Reaction score
It wasn't a Friday, but six years ago today my car rolled into downtown L.A., weighed down by the entirety of my earthly possessions, which were stacked to the roof in the back (blocking my rear view) and even in the passenger's seat (where my computer was belted in surrounded by pillows and blankets). My little '95 Celica was covered with the dust of Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas, and possibly still had a little Tennessee clay embedded in her tires. Her odometer read 2,000 more than what it had four days previously, when I hugged my tearful parents goodbye on their driveway.

Six years later to the day, I still live in Los Angeles. And I still have the car, which runs every bit as well as it did in 2000.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't even realize it. Hmm.

Yeah, I have to ask also, why no pork on Friday the 13th?

And Shadow Ferret, new or not, shoes don't belong on the kitchen table. Now, if I could only convince my kiddos of this, who believe furniture to be 'inside' jungle gyms. :)

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.estheravila.com
If you eat pork on this day, your body will start going into convulsions and you will be stuck in an awful pose - for life - she claims it happened to someone she knew once. When I asked her again (and told her it was probably a coincidence or they might have been allergic to something) she admitted it happened to a "friend of a friend" so she really didn't know the details. But, just the same - she refuses to touch it.

Dama Negra - Isn't it Tuesday the 13th in Mexico that is considered "bad luck" - I seem to remember seeing in a Mexican novella once. Do you know?

Last edited:

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jaycinth said:
Friday the 13th. My Lucky DAY!! But you all knew that, didn't you?;)

can't speak for everyone - but i knew....;)

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
September skies said:
if you eat pork on this day - you're body will start going into convulsions and you will be stuck in an awful pose -- she claims it happened to someone she knew once.
Is that like if you make a face and someone hits you on the back your face will stick like that?

storygirl said:
And Shadow Ferret, new or not, shoes don't belong on the kitchen table. Now, if I could only convince my kiddos of this, who believe furniture to be 'inside' jungle gyms.
What? Your kidding? It's NOT an inside jungle gym?
No wonder my wife keeps getting so angry at me.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Friday the 13th never bothered me. Then again, I grew up at 313 Maple St. and owned a black cat so I'm probably already doomed.

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got a dozen beautiful roses delivered from my husband today! That's a great Friday 13th surprise! lol No special occasion - just to say he loves me...

emoteLilLove.gif

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I go to Rosa Lopez's house and wait for an Epiphany

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.estheravila.com
Cabria said:
I got a dozen beautiful roses delivered from my husband today! That's a great Friday 13th surprise! lol No special occasion - just to say he loves me...

Are you sure they were meant for you and not delivered to the wrong place? LOL - just kidding. That is so sweet!
emoticonheart.gif

Moondancer said:
For the really superstitious, you might find it interesting to know that it's also a full moon this weekend.

When I worked at the emergency room -- full moon nights, especially w/ends, were the worst! We were always swamped. Ladies went into labor, shootings and stabbings happened and there were more accidents. Proven fact. We always had an extra person helping on "full moons"

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
September skies said:
Black Cats crossing you way - walking under a ladder - etc. Are those things only bad on this day or always?
Black cats aren't bad luck to me. They have always crossed my path; I grew up having several as pets. Here's my baby now...

86177770_09b9ebce13.jpg

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I accidentally stapled two of my fingers together once when I was in High School on a Friday 13th.

It Hurt to!

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
TemlynWriting said:
Black cats aren't bad luck to me. They have always crossed my path; I grew up having several as pets. Here's my baby now...

86177770_09b9ebce13.jpg
What a pretty kitty he is, Julia! I love black cats. The last one I had picked me out. lol. My Grandma and I found this place that had free kittens and we stopped. The lady took us around to the back of the house and a BUNCH of kittens started running to the barn except for one little black one. He ran toward us and stopped a few feet away and looked up as if to say, "Are you going to take me home or not?" :)

I had him for several years before he ended up on the losing end of a fight with a racoon. :( I'd love another cat, but there's just not room here.

Um....

To get back on topic, black cats have never been bad luck to me. For a while, I was superstitious of 13. I blame that on almost breaking my ankle on my 13th birthday though. *g*

Status
Not open for further replies.