PDA

View Full Version : Need translation to Russian

mellymel
08-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Hey guys!

I need a couple of things/expressions (or the equivalent) translated into Russian (phonetic Russian, for the purpose of a scene) Sorry for the language, but the scene warrants it.

1. Get off me.
2. Get your hands off me. (or, Get your fucking hands off me--if there is a translations for that)
3. Don't touch me.
4. I'll fucking kill you!
5. You bastard!
6. You filthy piece of shit.
7. Help!
8. Help me!

Thanks.

Snick
08-22-2012, 04:38 PM
1. Отстань от меня.
2. Получите ваш гребаный руки от меня
3. Не трогайте меня.
4. Я буду чертовски убить вас!
5. Ты, ублюдок!
6. Ты грязный кусок дерьма.
7. Помогите!
8. Помогите мне!

If you can't find anything better, then you might try these.

1 and 2 are not good translations, but the others come across well and translate back to something like the original.

mellymel
08-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks, snick! Now how to do I write those phonetically for the purpose of someone non Russian reading the words?

If you are not sure, I would imagine i can find a phonetic translator website somewhere though I don't have those symbols on my keyboard (I'm sure there is some way to switch my keyboard to an international one, but I'm not that tech savvy).

Snick
08-22-2012, 06:56 PM
This page shoulld help
http://www.russianlessons.net/lessons/lesson1_alphabet.php

mellymel
08-23-2012, 02:06 AM
Thanks Snick!!!

CrastersBabies
08-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Snick... slightly off topic question here. I have heard that Russian markets are pretty dang impressive esp. with sci fi / fantasy. Do you know about this? Just curious.

Snick
08-23-2012, 05:13 PM
Snick... slightly off topic question here. I have heard that Russian markets are pretty dang impressive esp. with sci fi / fantasy. Do you know about this? Just curious.

I have heard the same thing, and I have read some good Russian SF. Unfortunately, Russian does not translate well into English, so they still come across strangely, but the plots are good.

ExpertNovice
08-27-2012, 12:55 AM
Qualification: I speak Russian (to a degree).

First, if you're ever looking for slang phrases like this, you should check out the books called "Making Out In Russian". This will be your best reference for slang terms that are colloquially accurate instead of direct translations. Direct translations of slang almost never work, and there’s a “Making Out” book for almost every language with phonetic pronunciations, etc.

Second - Russian verbs in command form have two general endings: "айте/ите" and "ай/и". When you use the "айте" form, it is formal, kind of like "thou". If you're really saying these things, you would not be polite, except in the case of "Help" or "help me".

I've made some notes below.

1. Отстань от меня.

2. Получите ваш гребаный руки от меня - I'm not confident in this translation. Получите is a command for receive, as in receiving mail.

3. Не трогайте меня. - "nee tro-GAI-tye men-YAH" this one is accurate

4. Я буду чертовски убить вас!

5. Ты, ублюдок!

6. Ты грязный кусок дерьма.

7. Помогите! - In Russian, O's that are not emphasized are pronounced like A's, so this would actually phoneticaly be "pama GEE tye"

8. Помогите мне! - Ditto here "pama GEE tye minYEH"

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Snick
08-27-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm glad that someone who actually knows Russian came by.