PDA

View Full Version : R3MN4NT: Looking for YA SF/horror betas. (It's actually set in space!)

leahzero
08-21-2012, 07:22 PM
R 3 M N 4 N T

I'm looking to run my YA SF/horror past a few gimlet-eyed betas before sending it to my agent. Seeking structural/developmental feedback on plot, character, etc. No line editing required.

This MS contains violence, sex, and strong language. Ideally, these are some of the reasons you want to read it. :D It's decidedly dark and meant for the older end of the YA spectrum.

Note that while this is primarily SF/horror, there is a strong romantic subplot. You might even call this SF/horror/romance, but that's getting a bit ridiculous with the backslashes.

B L U R B

17-year-old Honor Monae is a tech genius living aboard Icarus, a massive spaceship stationed near Triton. After a traumatic accident left her partially crippled, Honor was fitted with cybernetic implants that made her a technological wizard—and a social outcast. Now she does odd security jobs for the Wardens who police the ship. Honor has an eerie connection with Icarus—sometimes it seems like she’s almost part of the ship. It’s what makes her so good at her job. It’s also what gives her strange nightmares of roaming the ship’s dark halls at night, hunting something. Or someone.

When a serial killer begins picking off crew members, Honor finds herself drawn into tracking the killer down. But when she discovers the victims all have ties to her, she starts to wonder what really happened to her during the accident—and whether her nightmares are mere dreams after all.

Willing to swap. Will read fast (please be able to reciprocate). I prefer to offer structural/developmental critique rather than line editing.

I prefer these YA genres for swap: SF, horror, thriller, gritty/dark contemporary.

PM me with your MS details if interested. (No swap is okay, too.) Thanks!

-Leah

leahzero
09-13-2012, 03:00 AM
Thanks so much to my first round betas. On to round two!

Please send a PM if you're interested.