PDA

View Full Version : Can't Read Thread Posts

WriteMinded
08-21-2012, 07:12 AM
During the last couple of days I've logged on and found the site unusable. I can't even read the threads unless I click on each and every post. I notice someone else posted that the site is slow. Slow I might be able to live with but this is impossible.

Somebody noted that it would be worked on this week-end. That's days away. I'll try back some day next week.

dpaterso
08-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Try clearing your browser data, just in case this helps:

FAQ: Emptying Your Browser's Cache, History, and Deleting Cookies (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248935)

-Derek

Bufty
08-21-2012, 02:29 PM
If you've just switched your machine on could it be that something is running or doing some catching up in the background?

Does it sort itself after a short wait?

I'm no computer wizz by any means but just askin'.

Somebody clip my ear (gently :cry: ) if I'm way off track.

Medievalist
08-21-2012, 11:50 PM
During the last couple of days I've logged on and found the site unusable. I can't even read the threads unless I click on each and every post. I notice someone else posted that the site is slow. Slow I might be able to live with but this is impossible.

Somebody noted that it would be worked on this week-end. That's days away. I'll try back some day next week.

What OS and Web browser are you using?

That sounds very much like a local browser problem. Please follow the procedures in the FAQ link dpaterso posted.