Muscle loss/control?

theninjkaymarie

Registered
Reaction score
So it's kind of a weird situation, but basically, a woman is trying to keep a man who has super strength captive. She doesn't want to completely knock him out, but just wants to make him weaker where he can't really attack her. He's strong enough to break chains and stuff, so i was thinking some sort of muscle relaxer might work, unless there's a type of medication that might make him rapidly lose muscle mass... She's keeping him captive for long term, so I figure that the muslce loss would work better so she doesn't have to constantly worry about coming back home on time to give him another does of muscle relaxers. There are other people that she is holding captive as well, so an IV wouldn't work because they could pull it out. Does anyone have any ideas that might work? I've been trying google for a couple of hours now and no luck.

jclarkdawe

Feeling lucky, Query?
Registered
Reaction score
I'd give him a double or triple dose of Cyclobenzaprine in his meals, with maybe some sort of tranq in it as well. Overdosing is a minor problem, mainly rapid heart beat, but it's not likely to kill him. Maybe even go up to 4X or 5X the maximum dose. It doesn't really weaken you, but it interferes with your coordination.

Best of luck,

Jim Clark-Dawe

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
How 'super' is his super strength? Is he Superman strong or, say, Spiderman strong? Both have limitations but exploiting them would have to be very different.

Obviously those are very generic examples but to know a bit more about the situation may help better understand how to effectively restrain him.

lbender

Registered
Reaction score
One other thing to consider - how and why does he have 'super-strength'? It sounds as though you're looking for a legitimate medical solution to deal with a condition that doesn't happen in reality. There's nothing wrong with that, but you may also want to consider a solution based on why he has the 'super strength' to start with. For example, kryptonite, cutting his hair, etc., etc..

ironmikezero

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
LOL - the kryptonite & cutting his hair references!

Once you decide the justification for his "super-strength" and the means of diminishing it, you can compare it to the normal rate at which muscle mass and relative strength tend to decline if not actively maintained.

You can find lots of material on the subject, but from a lifelong weight trainer's perspective I can tell you that both strength and muscle mass will start to ebb at about 96 hours without exercise - slightly faster without proper nutrition. The reduction may seem barely perceptible to an observer, but it's quite noticeable to the individual.

For your story, introducing debilitating drugs will no doubt accelerate the decline.