Send help there are wasps.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
I think we have a wasps nest in our chimey or something because there are six wasps in my living room.

I am scared of wasps and I think I'm allergic. I am too scared to move to get the bug spray.

Send help.

They know I killed their friends.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
We can't. The shole thing was blocked off when they put a gas fire in. The took the gas fire out, never replaced it, so know we just have a hole in our living room covered by a board and NOW IT IS FULL OF WASPS WHICH MIGHT KILL ME IF THEY STING ME

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
I don't think a can of Raid is going to be enough.

Holy crap wasps

Jos is trying to find his gaffa tape so they have no way in until we can do something more permanent.

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
ermg this is my nightmare

I can only sympathize

and be thankful that the wasps are in your house not mine

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you're not aware of it, they make a wasp spray that shoots from a distance.

If you don't want to use that, then a scented candle placed close by might work (to the wasps it might be like a smoke bomb). And a lot of insects don't like anything with a lemon or citrus taste.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
It's not really the escapee wasps that are the problem. We've sealed it up good for the time being so we can find a more permanent solution. (I might have to warn Craig upstairs just in case he has a similar fireplace to ours).

It's the knoweldge that there is a nest up there. Somewhere. With a queen in it, and dozens, or hundreds, or even thousands of wasps.

Vicious, evil, poisonous, malevolent, alien wasps.

Waiting.

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the Jaspers -- you got a Craig Upstairs. He could be doing anything up there.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
I wouldn't worry about the Jaspers -- you got a Craig Upstairs. He could be doing anything up there.

Mostly he does exercises at odd times of the night. He works for the same company my husband does, apparently, though not in the same department, and the company does own employ around 10% of the city.

But you're right. Sometimes I hear strange noises. Maybe I should warn the Wasps about the Craig rather than the other way round.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's the knoweldge that there is a nest up there. Somewhere. With a queen in it, and dozens, or hundreds, or even thousands of wasps.

Waiting.

Wasn't this the premise of a movie one time?

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I am scared of wasps and I think I'm allergic.
I am too scared to move to get the bug spray.

Send help.

They know I killed their friends.

*looks note over twice*

*wonders how Anni got hold of my g-g-greatgrandmothers hand written 1690 note to Chief Pale Bear...*

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
*looks note over twice*

*wonders how Anni got hold of my g-g-greatgrandmothers hand written 1690 note to Chief Pale Bear...*

I live in your medicine cabinet.

Like the wasps.

Wasn't this the premise of a movie one time?

I dunno, but I'm feeling like I'm living a Stephen King book from his Super-Coked-Up period. Either that or an especially strange Shaun Hutson novel.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
You could set your house on fire.

Of course, that might only make them angry...

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
If you seal off their exit, they will find other exits. Lots of other exits. Into your bedroom while you sleep. Into your bathroom while you're in the shower. I know of somebody who had bees nesting outside her house - when she blocked up the exit they started coming up through her kitchen floor. You need the nest removed permanently.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
If you seal off their exit, they will find other exits. Lots of other exits. Into your bedroom while you sleep. Into your bathroom while you're in the shower. I know of somebody who had bees nesting outside her house - when she blocked up the exit they started coming up through her kitchen floor. You need the nest removed permanently.

Nononononononono

Their only other exit is out the top of the chimney. The whole thing is solid brick and concrete aside from the gap where our gas fire used to be. But we are looking or a permanent solution. He's promised me if we start seeing their vicious black and yellow bodies scrabbling out of any hole in this house that he will FILL EVERY HOLE IN THIS HOUSE WITH POISON.

Mind you, we'll be moving out soonish. ABANDON HOUSE.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I have a paralysing terror of wasps, and you are already way past the stage where I'd be calling the nearest exterminator begging them to come as an emergency. Time to put on your hazmat suit. And maybe cry.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
There's nothing we can do about it we haven't already done. We don't know how far up the chimney the nest is. It could be just above the plywood covering the hole they left when they ripped out the gas fire, or it could be right up the top. We don't have the money for an exterminator (that whole 'moving' thing, we're buying a house) and techinally it's the rental agencies job to deal with it. We don't trust them to deal with it, as their response to our boiler breaking was to replace the boiler, tear out the living room gas fire, and then leave us with an empty hole in the living room, which is why we have this problem in the first place.

We're kind of stuck. And no, I currently do not feel safe in my own home.

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I dreamt about this last night, Anninyn.

It was unpleasant. Hope you are okay.

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
I saw a program many years ago about wasps in particular and they said that when you kill a wasp it emits some sort of sound (like screaming as you die I guess) that alerts it's buddies. I told my mom about that, we had a nest nearby and the buggers were always getting into the screened porch. She used to go out and swat them with a fly swatter. She laughed at me and proceeded to swat the only one that was on the porch. Within two minutes there were eight. She stopped laughing.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
I'm here. Since we sealed it up, there's been no more sight or sound of the evil little things, but we aren't relaxed. If they start coming back, we'll get an exterminator - we just can't afford to, right now, it's the end of the month and Jos had to shell out some house-buying fees (£300!) at the start of it.