How do you keep it going?

Scott Perry

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sns.ewrestle.net
When I get blogging I blog every day.

For about three days.

How do you guys KEEP blogging consistently? (And an answer for writing other creative writing would be helpful too. I seem to flake out a lot with writing anything really.)

http://sns.ewrestle.net is my blog, by the way.

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marilynsroyalblog.blogspot.com
Write about something that interests you, something you have a passion for. My blog is all about my passion for royalty, there are unlimited possibilities for articles.

I do get stuck occassionally with trying to come up with original articles, but usually lasts until a royal does something stupid.

Just let the blog be a place where you can riff. Write about why you have a hard time with writing, write about how to update your blog...just write, don't put any pressure on yourself with the blog.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Marilyn gives good advice, Scott. Some people blog every day, even multiple times. Others when the spirit moves them. I don't post to my blog if I don't have anything to say that I hope will be at least mildly interesting, informative or at least funny. I hope some other bloggers will join in with their insights. You might want to read the "why do you blog" thread for what some folk have said about that.

SeanDSchaffer

Let's try this again....

I tried to post this, but then my modem decided it didn't want to work anymore. So, now that I have reconfigured the stupid thing, I'll attempt to post this again.

Let's see if I can remember what I said now....

Oh, yes, I remember now....

Like Marilyn and Dawno said, you should write what interests you personally. Don't try to please everyone else, so much as yourself. That's what the blog's all about, so it makes sense that you write what interests you.

Another thing to think about is posting when you are able to, instead of trying to fit your posting into a strict schedule. With a blog, you have no specific time limit as to when you have to post. Just post when you want to, so long as you have something to say. If you have nothing to say, don't say it. The readers will enjoy your blog more that way, as will you.

I hope this helps, and I wish you all the best.

smile.gif