ebook pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoffeeBlack

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

With a lot of great support, help and even graphic design assistance from folks on this forum, I am almost ready to upload my first book. The book is being formatted, I have cover art, and now I am thinking of pricing.

A little background. My book has 25 chapters form 25 different authors - all chapters are donated to raise funds for a nonprofit. The topic of the book is stuttering and I imagine that most people who buy the book will be adults who stutter, speech-language pathologists and graduate students. The book is 80,000 words and some of the chapters are written by well respected researchers and therapists in the field. It is a book which includes people's life stories (self help-ish) and professional topics written for consumers (current topics in treatment).

What do folks think I should charge?

CoffeeBlack

Registered
Reaction score
pricing

Do folks ever charge different prices for different formats? Would one consider charging more for a paperback version of the book from CreateSpace then an ebook on Kindle?

WeaselFire

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What do folks think I should charge?
Your cell phone.

Seriously, there is no way you can even begin to get a reasonable answer to this. You're going to have to do some research. See what the competition charges. Figure your needs for profit based on your costs and goals. Charge appropriately.

Jeff

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Um, yes, paperbacks tend to cost more than the ebook versions of the same books. There's production costs, shipping, and even warehousing (in some cases) to be taken into account.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
What Jeff said. Look at other books similar to yours, and take the time to do the market research. Good luck.

stranger

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Of course. Many selfpub books can be 99 cents for the ebook and around 10 dollars for the print copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.