Oops :(

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just blew something up in the garden. I was pruning back a tangled mass of thorny creeping stuff that was threatening to escape from our garden and grow up the neighbour's wall, and there was a sudden flash and a noise like a muted but fairly expensive boom! and - I think something might have blown up. Or be about to blow up. But the beloved is on the phone to his mama and I don't want to unnerve him by running in all hysterical and stuff and screaming "Run! Run for your life!!". So I thought I'd just mention it here.

Stupid garden. Stupid secateurs for being so sharp. Stupid me :(

ETA: Awfully glad I was wearing rubbery gloves, though.

Oh, also - if you're anywhere near my garden in Sablet, France - "Run! Run for your life!!"

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Things just explode around you, huh?

Maybe I shouldn't say that... A lot of things explode around me too...

What exploded anyways?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what exploded, Will... It was something electrical is all I know. I unplugged everything I could see.... It's probably the National Grid or something.

I broke the Internet once, but fortunately no-one knew it was me. And Bill Gates must have fixed it again, because it works now.

Too Stupid To Live :cry:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a real oops story.

I once worked for an engineering firm that did land surveying. About six months after I left the company one of the crews was out surveying and one of the guys found something in the weeds. He wasn't sure what it was, so it brought it back to the office and started banging on it to see if he could open it.

What it was as it turned out . . . was a rocket propelled grenade from Ft. Campbell.

KABOOM!

Yes, he blew up the whole office. Luckily no one was killed, although three went to the hospital with various serious injures.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Breaking news story . . .

CNN is reporting that power is out in all of southern France.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I broke the Internet once, but fortunately no-one knew it was me. And Bill Gates must have fixed it again, because it works now.

You're so silly! Bill Gates doesn't fix things. He just knows where to steal people who do know how to fix things! ;)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bill Gates has people? Live and learn....

Ok - it wasn't the National Grid as it turns out (Thank you, Alleycat) it was just an extension lead to an outside light that clearly hasn't worked for years. A hardware shop replacement, rather than a reason to leave the country under cover of darkness...

Thank heavens.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
That... is kinda disappointing. A light? Pfft.

You're really not trying hard enough. :)

Glad you're okay.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Things do tend to "blow up" around you. It occurs to me that you'd have made a great software tester back in the day. I'd have hired ya. :D

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
maccardy...

How are you with pieces of cylindrical sewer cleaning equipment?

*just asking!*

;)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
maccardy...

How are you with pieces of cylindrical sewer cleaning equipment?

*just asking!*

;)

To be honest, I once had to email my editor and say For God's sake, take these exclamation points away from me before I hurt myself!!!

So - probably not all that good with your cylindrical sewer cleaning equipment. It sounds like it might have sharp bits. Plus - yeah, not sewers. No. But thank you.

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Things do tend to "blow up" around you. :D

They do, don't they? I have no idea why. I'm not like that boy in Alleycat's office who found a Thing and brought it back to the office and hit it with a hammer
to see if he could open it.

ETA: Would it be bad of me to say what a terribly boy sort of thing to do... It would, wouldn't it? I won't say it, then. It might turn back and bite me.

Also - I broke the dishwasher today, too. But I always break those so it wasn't as scarey.