• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need betas for YA Steampunk with Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
So, my little Steel Talons needs someone to look it over. It's only 77K, and I'm looking to get it finished fairly quickly, so if you have time and are willing to help out, that'd be great! I'm willing to swap, so feel free to ask.

Here's a quick pitch:

After her mother's death, sixteen-year-old Charlotte Holt moves to New York City with her aunt, for a fresh start in a new city. But the big city is nothing but a metal wasteland-- nothing like the farm where she and her mother had raised their dragons. To reclaim some connection to her heritage, Charlotte dreams of entering the Steel Talon Tournament, and when she catches the eye or Mr. Denton and recieves a personal invitation, it looks as though things are finally going her way. But when Mr. Denton's interest in her and her fire breathing dragons grows worrisome, and other dragon Breeders begin dying in the ring, Charlotte delves into the truth behind the Steel Talon Tournament, Mr. Denton, and his connection to her deceased mother.

PM or poke me if you're interested. Thanks!

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Your manuscript sounds very interesting. If I had time, I'd read it. I'm way behind on my current beta-reading so I have to pass.

Best of luck, though, with your beta-readers!

Caropelia

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds cool! I would like to be a beta reader, but I have so much to read right now... Besides, English is not my first language.

But if you feel like it, PM me anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.