PDA

View Full Version : Mentor or writing buddy for sf/f?

CJ.Wolfe
08-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Hi all,

I'm going to be completely honest here. I have two WIP's. I have about a 1000w of each.

One is set in a post apoc era with magic that I love to death but am currently stuck on,

The other is a mixture of aliens/paranormal creatures/and zombies. This is the one I'm concentrating on at the moment. I have a rough outline for about half of it, which is more than I've ever outlined (I'm usually a pantser), and a few scenes mapped out.

What I'm really looking for is either a mentor or a writing buddy to swap stories with. Someone to tell me to hurry up and stop slacking off, but also to let me know when my plot is getting sidetracked and which of my ideas seems more appropriate/plausible/reader worthy.

I'm doing a Bach of Creative Writing, and am currently doing an editing course so I don't have too many problems with editing, though I am new to critiquing.

I would absolutely love to find a partner with who I can swap stories, and who won't be deterred by my sometimes slow pace. I don't mind blunt critiques, so long as they aren't rude.

I would appreciate any help, and would like to help out in return :)

aliwood
08-19-2012, 08:32 PM
CJ, did you get any replies yet?

CJ.Wolfe
08-20-2012, 03:29 AM
CJ, did you get any replies yet?

Thanks for the reply :) A couple of people who might be interested but are on the fence at the moment. We are probably going to swap a paragraph or two to see if we're a good fit.

Would you be interested? What genre do you write?

CJ

aliwood
08-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Sure I'm interested. I do sort of comic SFF. I am pretty much where you are in terms of learning and finishing stuff. I have a thing about dwarves in SYW if you want to get an idea of what I have done.