Forgetting to eat.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Sometimes I get so caught up in writing or reading or researching, I forget to eat properly (or at all).

Like today. I got to over 10k on my WIP (yes!) but I got so caught up I forgot to eat anything other than the salt and vinegar rice cakes that were right in front of me. Then I checked the clock and realised it's gone 4 and I got up at 10.

And now it's too late to eat properly and my tongue burns from all the salt and vinegar flavouring.

I make poor choices.

I clearly cannot be trusted to look after myself. So here's my question: Would one of you like to come round and parent me? I may be 26 but I think it's obvious I need someone to tell me to get up off the computer and make myself some soup, already, or go outside, it's a lovely day, and you're starting to look like gollum and have you just not got dressed properly today and how about you clean those plates up.

Cause I can't seem to do it myself.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:granny: Get up off that computer, make some soup and go and eat it outside. It's a beautiful day, and you're wasting it.
Tsk.

Reaction score
Are you any good at ironing and doing the dishes? If so, I'll adopt you. I'm Scottish, so you might not want to proceed with this arrangement. We're notoriously rough oop North.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How was that?

Or I could just come over there and thump you...

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
I am no good at ironing or dishes. I once tried to iron something and I melted it.

My husband is half scottish. I'm not sure I can handle a full blooded scot.

McCardey, that was fine. Though if you could stand over me, shake your head and tut slightly, that would be even better.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

McCardey, that was fine. Though if you could stand over me, shake your head and tut slightly, that would be even better.

Oh believe me, I am. The thought of you wasting the best years of your life.. and in my day .. and what is this nonsense about salt and vinegar thingummies? That isn't food! That's nonsense is what that is! Some soup and an apple. Outside. And then you can come in and clean up your room.

(Was that too far? It was, wasn't it?)

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Oh believe me, I am. The thought of you wasting the best years of your life.. and in my day .. and what is this nonsense about salt and vinegar thingummies? That isn't food! That's nonsense is what that is! Some soup and an apple. Outside. And then you can come in and clean up your room.

(Was that too far? It was, wasn't it?)

I was just 13 again for a terrifying, dizzying moment.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
It worked, though. I jsut found myself insitnctively putting stuff in the bin, and then I decided to drink some apple juice for the vitamins.

Reaction score
Remember to take your coat off indoors so you feel the benefit when you go back outside.

(No, that never made any sense to me, either.)

Reaction score
"Stop crying or I'll give you something to cry about!"

Um...what? As a five-year-old I actually said to my mother, "I might as well carry on crying then."

Got belted for my cheek.

Oh well.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
"Stop crying or I'll give you something to cry about!"

Um...what? As a five-year-old I actually said to my mother, "I might as well carry on crying then."

Got belted for my cheek.

Oh well.

"Eat all your food. There are starving children in africa!"

"Send it to them, then."

Never understood the logical fallacy that because there are children starving in other parts of the world that I should be forced to eat when I was full.

Reaction score

"Send it to them, then."

Never understood the logical fallacy that because there are children starving in other parts of the world that I should be forced to eat when I was full.
I used to say that too!

It was supposed to teach me to be grateful. It didn't. It taught me that adults saw overeating as something to be lauded.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
forgetting to eat is never a problem I've had. not showering or going outside, but never eating.

Though my grandmother used to get on me for being fat and then tell me to clean my plate because of starving children. I finally snapped at her that it didn't do starving children any good if I was fat and she never said anything to me about it again.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's not exactly harmful to go six hours without eating much except rice cakes. You're fine--and crankin' out words, too.

Maryn, thinking of the world's typical gap between lunch and dinner

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's 12:35pm here, and you've reminded me that it's time to eat. Thank you.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
It is a bit refreshing to hear that there's at least one other person in the world whose tummy clock wasn't set by the industrial revolution.

=)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

My sister got a thrashing for responding - quick-as-a-flash - with "What do they taste like?"

It wasn't my thrashing, of course, but I still say it was worth it...

Flagship

Registered
Reaction score
I have a tendancy of only eating a yogurt from the time I wake up at 10:00am 'til dinner at 7:00pm. I've been eating one meal a day for so long that when I try to have breakfast and lunch, by the time I finish dinner I have to go take a food-nap.

Solanova

Not your average Panda
Registered
Reaction score
Website
chaos-flare.deviantart.com
omg, you sound like me!! :D I'll wake up at 9 in the morning, and either write, or chat until its like 6 in the evening, and my bf pokes me wondering if he has to fend for himself again, or if i will be making dinner.... U_U but I don't munch on chips, I have my trusty mug 'o coffee with me... Maybe we should set alarm clocks?

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
I think I need someone to message me around about 1 or 2 just to say 'yo, have you eaten yet?' I also need to make myself breakfast BEFORE I sit down to work.

Or the only proper meal I have in a whole day is dinner.

Today? Carbonara!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:granny: Goodness, this thread is appalling! I want all of you in bed by 9:30 tonight, up bright and early at 6 am - and a nice bowl of oatmeal with a piece of fresh fruit for breakfast.

You're all going to wind up constipated and nobody will want to marry you.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Remember to take your coat off indoors so you feel the benefit when you go back outside.

I once hitched a lift off a lorry driver who convinced me to try that little trick.

It was utter bollocks.