PDA

View Full Version : Seeking stories/articles for all-ages mag.

TimR
08-08-2012, 04:10 AM
I'm looking for stories and articles for an all-ages magazine/comic I'm developing. This is very small right now, just me and a friend tossing around ideas.

I'm mostly interested in writing and drawing comics, but I thought it might be interesting to package them along side a few text pieces. So that's what this is about for me. I'm also interested in learning about magazine distribution, trying to get comics back on the newsstands in front of regular people, not just in comics specialty shops.

Here are the guidelines - I modified these from something I saw posted here, feel free to let me know if anything sounds off, I'm new to this:

WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR

Compelling stories and nonfiction articles primarily, but also essays, interviews, poetry, satire, etc. It's intended as an all-ages publication so nothing R-rated. (But it doesn't have to be aimed at kids either. Ideally something that could appeal to both kids and adults.)

LENGTH

Whatever suits the piece. If it's too long for one issue we could consider serializing it.

PAYMENT

There is no payment. However, you do get:

- A contributor copy
- Your story or article attractively presented (I hope) with attention to layout and type. Possibly with illustrations.

FORMAT

RTF or DOC

SEND TO

Send as attachment to: rocksgraphic@hotmail.com

Subject line should be formatted "Story [or Article, Poem, etc.] Submission: Title Here"

POLICIES & RESPONSE TIME

Reprints are accepted. Simultaneous submissions are discouraged if the other publications submitted to seek exclusive rights. I will try to respond quickly to acknowledge receipt, and make a decision within 30 days.

SUBMISSION WINDOW

I'm accepting submissions on an ongoing basis.

RIGHTS SOUGHT

Non-exclusive print and electronic English Language rights. Non-exclusive rights to keep the magazine in print across different publishing platforms.

ABOUT US

http://www.timrockscomics.blogspot.com/p/pete-moss-magazine.html

Here's a cover mockup:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-o8SnISE9Ev4/UCFE15hnmxI/AAAAAAAAASQ/Vc9kEk7Imlk/s1600/Mag-Cov-Col02.jpg