• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

I would love a beta or four :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile Steady

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've finished my very first story. It has been revised and I'm now in the market for some beta readers.

It's an 8,500 word novelette, and it probably fits best in the mainstream women's fiction genre. My goal is to write a series of these novelettes using the same characters and the same setting.

I'd love any kind of critiques you can give me. I've got thick skin, so please be frank.

A blurb:
Mariah Hensley is eager to take on her new role as a teacher at the wealthy suburban Decker High School, but ruthless students diminish any and all of her confidence. A poor late night decision makes things even worse, and Mariah is left wondering who she really is and whether she is capable of living the life she thought she wanted.

Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks so much!

kathyhermy123

Registered
Reaction score
Hey!

I haven't been active in a LONG time, but I am a very experienced beta reader (60+ short stories/novels, on of which will be published in the spring), and I would love to take a look! I love beta-reading short stories and novelettes - in some ways, they are much harder to write well than full-length novels, but a good one is just as rewarding. If you would like me to take a look, PM me and I'll give you my email!

~Kat

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
It's an 8,500 word novelette, and it probably fits best in the mainstream women's fiction genre. My goal is to write a series of these novelettes using the same characters and the same setting.

Like the structure of Girls in White Dresses (Jennifer Close) or Olive Kitteridge (Elizabeth Strout)?

PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.