writer's forum for non-ficion writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mugwort

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.societyfordaintydamsels.com
Its been over a week since anyone posted in the non-fiction section of SYW. The most reason post as of 1:28 est 8/5/12 was mine. One of the reasons I joined AW was to try to improve my nonfiction writing. I am including editorial, ie opinion pieces as well. Looks to me this section is pretty quiet. My question does anyone know of a writing critique where there's some activity in their non fiction section. Providing of course, there is such a writers site. I think AWF is helpful for other reasons, too numerous to mention. I don't plan to qui AWF.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't say I know of another forum for nonfic that's active--but can I make a suggestion?

People who critique for others are quite often those who have been critiqued. So one way to get more activity at SYW is to make the time for a great many critiques of other writers' nonfiction works. (I don't know you, so maybe you already are--which is excellent.)

Another is to add a link to the work you'd like critiqued and something teaser-like to your signature line.

And last, of course, is to make yourself a regular at your genre's board as well as at several of the no-genre boards which are not necessarily about writing. People who know and like you are more likely to help you out if they can.

Maryn, crossing her fingers on your behalf

Status
Not open for further replies.