PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Science Fiction Writing Buddy

Demiansky
08-04-2012, 07:03 AM
I'm currently working on my 3rd novel (it's my first Science Fiction) and I am looking for someone who is undergoing the same process as well. In other words, I need a Sci-Fi writing buddy! I've been involved with the Absolute Write forums for a little bit over two years, though my number of posts isn't terribly high because I tend to spend more time writing, rather than use this site for an instrument of procrastination! I've beta read for around eight people on this site, but I have casually edited and revised far more elsewhere.

I find that reading and critiquing someone else's work in progress is an exercise that promotes my own writing, so the above arrangement seems like a prudent idea. That, and I don't believe in asking for something without giving something back in return.

For those that might be interested, my story is about primitive, intelligent creatures in another place that are facing extinction. It's from their perspective, and there are no humans in the narrative, so I guess you could say that the story is rather exotic.

If you are interested, give me a buzz.