• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader(s) requested for Werewolf/Vampire Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okyrah

Registered
Reaction score
I will beta read yours too if we are a good match :)

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Because I'm hubristic enough to quote myself:

It will greatly increase your chances of getting a response when you post a request for beta readers if you provide the relevent and necessary information in your post. Please!

- Genre.
- Category (childrens, MG, YA, NA, adult).
- Word count.
- What kind of feedback you're looking for.
- If possible, a link to where you've posted the query or first chapter in Share Your Work. If not, a brief blurb or summary of the book.
- Whether or not you're willing to trade beta-reads with people, and, if you are, what genre(s) you're willing to critique.

And do please proofread your post to your best ability. If we aren't familiar with you and your work, we're going to equate the quality of your manuscript with the quality of writing in your post. Poor punctuation and run-on sentences aren't going to entice readers.

Okyrah

Registered
Reaction score
Whoops! Sorry will add that:
~Genre - Fantasy?
~Word Count - 25k so far out of 100k goal
~What Kind of feedback - Looking for how the story flows, ideas to add to it, where to go from here, plot holes if any. Not looking for editing at this time unless it's plot related

Theo81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atrivialblogforseriouspeople.blogspot.com
You're looking for a beta reader for an (unfinished) first draft?

You may find that difficult.

A beta reader critiques the "finished" product. You are probably looking for either an alpha reader, or a writing buddy to bounce ideas against.

Speaking only for myself, I wouldn't crit a first draft unless it's finished because I don't want to waste my time giving you feedback on stuff you've already decided to change.

If you do want a beta, I recommend getting your 50 posts and posting an extract in SYW so potential offerees can see if you write a legible first draft or not. Lots of us get a bit stabby when we see grammar being misused, so we won't get past correcting that to give you plot feedback.

Another alternative: post a synopsis for feedback, or a query letter. We can tell you from that if you've got a plot which makes sense.

Okyrah

Registered
Reaction score
I guess I would like a writing buddy then, should I just have a mod close this thread and I could make another one?

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You can edit your own original post -- just add a red UPDATED INFO! and then the corrected information about what it is you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.