PDA

View Full Version : Boss, an original series by Starz Networks

third person
08-03-2012, 03:05 AM
If you don't know about this show, allow me to sum up the beginning moments of probably one of the greatest and intense scenes I've ever seen on TV. The name of the other character will be withheld for non-spoilership.

Mayor Tom Kane watches ___ walk into his office, whom he summoned only moments ago.

"Sit down."

The person sits.

Mayor Kane stands and says, "I've asked you before, 'do you know who the fuck i am?" He pauses to let his rhetorical question sink in. "Right now, in this moment, I am the angel of fucking death for you, and the next few minutes are going to feel like perdition itself if you don't tell me what I need to know." He glowers down at his hapless guest. The only sound in the room are his heavy breaths. He then commands, "nod."

The person nods as they realize they're in for the verbal smack-down of a lifetime.

Kelsey Grammer as the mayor of Chicago. But he's no sweetly smarmy Frasier Crane this time around. He's an antihero pushing villain protagonist and in the 7 of 8 episodes I've seen so far of this show, he is most definitely the mother-effing Boss. I hate that TV seasons are so short these days. After seeing the episode from which the above scenario takes place I'm STILL trembling, and no mere television show has ever done that to me. I seriously recommend this show.

fireluxlou
08-03-2012, 03:23 AM
Used to short television series being a Brit but it looks good. I'll have to catch it when it airs.

third person
08-03-2012, 04:56 AM
Used to short television series being a Brit but it looks good. I'll have to catch it when it airs.

Yes, I blame you guys for our short TV seasons. :shakefist:

BenPanced
08-04-2012, 07:37 AM
Yeah, but Ricky Gervais told the entire story of The Office in 13 episodes, counting the Christmas special.

Richard Paolinelli
10-15-2012, 06:59 AM
Has anyone been following the second season? I was pretty happy with it but I really wish they'd cut back on the sex scenes. For the most part, they really don't do much for advancing the story, IMHO. I think we are pretty much sure the daughter and the state treasurer will jump in bed with anything with a pulse and don't need to see any more.

Manuel Royal
10-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Has anyone been following the second season? I was pretty happy with it but I really wish they'd cut back on the sex scenes. For the most part, they really don't do much for advancing the story, IMHO. I think we are pretty much sure the daughter and the state treasurer will jump in bed with anything with a pulse and don't need to see any more.I'm not complaining, but it does seem like they're putting in sex scenes just because they can. The state DA makes his assistant take her panties off and masturbate in front of him -- why? I mean, I know why he does it, but why is it in the show?

Richard Paolinelli
10-16-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm not complaining, but it does seem like they're putting in sex scenes just because they can. The state DA makes his assistant take her panties off and masturbate in front of him -- why? I mean, I know why he does it, but why is it in the show?

Yeah, that was my thought as well. Hopefully they will focus more on story-telling and reduce the sex scenes to when we really need to know who is shacking up with whom.

Richard Paolinelli
11-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Just heard - sorry no link - that Starz will not renew Boss for a third season.

If this is true I am calling my cable company tomorrow and cancelling my Starz subscription.

Some of the trash that stays on TV for years and they cancel what has been a pretty good series after two seasons????

Seriously????