Dead flesh and burns.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
If you poured boiling water over dead skin and flesh, would it still go red? swell? Blister? Or would it not react at all? I thought I read somewhere that a corpse left in the hot sun would still get a sun-burn, or am I imagining that? I'm assuming it wouldn't get pussy, or bleed, as that's a living reaction.

Snick

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
No, it would be like a piece of beef that you poured hot water on. Left in the hot sunlight the skin would dry, and it might change color a little like a piece of raw hide.

NikkiSloan

Registered
Reaction score
No, it would be like a piece of beef that you poured hot water on. Left in the hot sunlight the skin would dry, and it might change color a little like a piece of raw hide.

OMG I didn't even think to ask this question - Thanks Anninym

Snick ... change color how? Like get a tanned color instead of red/pink?

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you poured boiling water over dead skin and flesh, would it still go red? swell? Blister? Or would it not react at all? I thought I read somewhere that a corpse left in the hot sun would still get a sun-burn, or am I imagining that? I'm assuming it wouldn't get pussy, or bleed, as that's a living reaction.
In the sun, it'll dry up. With boiling water, it'll cook a bit.

What species does the dead body belong to?

How recently-dead is it?

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
In the sun, it'll dry up. With boiling water, it'll cook a bit.

What species does the dead body belong to?

How recently-dead is it?

Human. It's fairly recently dead (within the last 12 hours) and the boiling water is very brief. A few seconds of water fresh from the kettle. It's a zombie story.

Snick

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Snick ... change color how? Like get a tanned color instead of red/pink?

It probably would turn brown or darker, if it was already brown. The flesh probably would turn gray when you pour the water on it.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
I read somewhere that a corpse left in the hot sun would still get a sun-burn

Untrue. A sunburn as we usually think of them requires living cells to produce melanin. A corpse in the sun might turn red and dry out, but it won't peel and it's not going to tan.

Because of that, you might get it to just keep sunburning endlessly when usually the damage would stop on living flesh? I'm not sure. Remembering that a sunburn is from radiation, not heat, it's probably quite different than pouring boiling water on a zombie.