Status
Not open for further replies.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. And how many have you received anyway? ;)

Do you make any attempt to qualify "self-published", or do you accept vanity-pubbed, too?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I don't really make a distinction. Basically I take anything the writer puts out there on their own initiative rather than by way of an independent editor.

I have four reviewers but we are all too busy to review more than a book every two weeks or so. That means I don't want to many books at once; I have four right now.

The first review is up along with an 'I self-published because...' poll that I hope will get some responses.

Not that I really needed something else to do instead of my own writing...

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Our 'why did you self publish' poll is getting some interesting results so far--about 50% so far saying they attempted to get a traditional publisher but could not.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I could use one more reviewer with interest in thriller/political/mystery genre areas--if interested please check out the site and email me at podpeepATgmail.com

edfrzr

Registered
Reaction score
Hey

Love the idea. I read POD-dy Mouth regularly. The blog is extremely popular. You should check it out sometime.

Last edited:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I looked up POD-dy and added a link to her. A great blog. Funny and surprisingly pro-POD, perhaps more so than I am... whilst also being harsher on the dross :)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
How do I find authors other than lulus? or does everyone lulu these days? :D so far 100% of books sent are through them.

Fahim

Mad coder, lazy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farook.org
I guess one idea would be to do some advertising on the forums for other POD outfits - if they have them ... I will not be going with Lulu and if I do finally get around to publishing my book, I will send it to you for review - that will be one (hopeful) non-Lulu book :p

citymouse

fantasy dweller
Registered
Reaction score
veinglory said:
How do I find authors other than lulus? or does everyone lulu these days? :D so far 100% of books sent are through them.

VG, you may remember me from some other groups. I'm not a LuLu customer.
My first book is through iUniverse and my second is through Author House. I'll visit your site soon after posting this and take your "why did I Sef-p.
I would consider revewing one or two POD books for you as my third novel is in the hands of my beta readers and so I have some time.

You can contact me through my website www.michaelhalfhill.com
If you want to see reviews of my books just click on "work" then on the books.
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.