PDA

View Full Version : New Blog for self-published book reviews

veinglory
01-11-2006, 04:03 AM
yes, I am a POD person :)

There are a few reviews already completed that will be posted soon and a website in the works.

http://podpeep.blogspot.com/

veinglory
01-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Currently closed to submissions.

CaoPaux
01-12-2006, 01:44 AM
Heh. And how many have you received anyway? ;)

Do you make any attempt to qualify "self-published", or do you accept vanity-pubbed, too?

veinglory
01-12-2006, 04:06 AM
I don't really make a distinction. Basically I take anything the writer puts out there on their own initiative rather than by way of an independent editor.

I have four reviewers but we are all too busy to review more than a book every two weeks or so. That means I don't want to many books at once; I have four right now.

The first review is up along with an 'I self-published because...' poll that I hope will get some responses.

Not that I really needed something else to do instead of my own writing...

veinglory
01-15-2006, 03:50 AM
Our 'why did you self publish' poll is getting some interesting results so far--about 50% so far saying they attempted to get a traditional publisher but could not.

veinglory
01-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Now with a website for archiving reviews--albeit with only one review so far...

http://veinglory.com/PODindex.html

veinglory
02-03-2006, 04:02 AM
I could use one more reviewer with interest in thriller/political/mystery genre areas--if interested please check out the site and email me at podpeepATgmail.com

edfrzr
02-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Love the idea. I read POD-dy Mouth regularly. The blog is extremely popular. You should check it out sometime.

veinglory
02-24-2006, 07:22 AM
I looked up POD-dy and added a link to her. A great blog. Funny and surprisingly pro-POD, perhaps more so than I am... whilst also being harsher on the dross :)

veinglory
02-26-2006, 03:06 AM
How do I find authors other than lulus? or does everyone lulu these days? :D so far 100% of books sent are through them.

Fahim
02-26-2006, 04:43 AM
I guess one idea would be to do some advertising on the forums for other POD outfits - if they have them ... I will not be going with Lulu and if I do finally get around to publishing my book, I will send it to you for review - that will be one (hopeful) non-Lulu book :p

citymouse
03-24-2006, 11:48 PM
How do I find authors other than lulus? or does everyone lulu these days? :D so far 100% of books sent are through them.

VG, you may remember me from some other groups. I'm not a LuLu customer.
My first book is through iUniverse and my second is through Author House. I'll visit your site soon after posting this and take your "why did I Sef-p.
I would consider revewing one or two POD books for you as my third novel is in the hands of my beta readers and so I have some time.

You can contact me through my website www.michaelhalfhill.com (http://www.michaelhalfhill.com)
If you want to see reviews of my books just click on "work" then on the books.
Michael