• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

56k MG fantasy would love some betas

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxisufeili

Aspiring to be non-rejected
Registered
Reaction score
Scratch the deadline part. I realized that if a complete stranger wants to help out, that's already awesome enough. So I can be (at least, try to be) patient.

If you're willing to do this, PM me. I could swap, but it would depend on the length and genre of your work (e.g, I wouldn't be good with erotica, sci-fi, horror, or memoir). I'm also a very easygoing critic, but that doesn't mean you have to be, too.

Here's the first scene to get an idea of whether or whether not you want to deal with me:

Two months before Lilyannie Minwood was born, the pixie Abigail made the first mistake in the five hundred and sixty four years of her gifting career.
Abigail stood in the Minwoods’ kitchen, her mouth agape and her eyes wide. With a mug of milk clutched in her hand, she gawked at the address on an envelope in front of her.
Leon Minwood
1954 Eagle Hill Drive
Yonder
She shouldn’t have assumed what gift to give simply based on the location of the baby. This envelope proved this wasn’t just a small slip-up.
First of all, Abigail was probably going to be fired by the pixie king and queen—literally, execution by fire. Second, she had just amplified all of the problems in the magical community by a bajllion.
Sighing, Abigail pushed away her milk. The grandfather clock in the living room struck six, its loud dongs like a hammer hitting her head and punishing her for what she did. The sky began to lighten outside. Third, how was she supposed to explain this to the pregnant lady and her magician husband still asleep upstairs? Abigail grabbed a clean glass from the dishwasher and poured herself some wine.
She gulped the whole glass down and took a deep breath. Fourth and final, the newest magician in the community wasn’t even born yet, but already in trouble.
Oh by the way, I'm extremely nervous right now. I already have the manuscript with one beta reader, but the more the merrier, right?

Last edited:

luxisufeili

Aspiring to be non-rejected
Registered
Reaction score
May I ask, for the sake of my curiosity, what is happening on August 20th that you need it by that day?

I'm thinking about going out of town with family for awhile after that, and I'm not sure how close and often I'll be to a computer then. But nothing's for certain and stuff can definitely be shuffled around... I also like having dates to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.