PDA

View Full Version : Drrrrrrrrrrrunk

Anninyn
08-01-2012, 01:28 AM
Is there a drunk thread? There should be. I looked for one, but I'm too drunk to hae patience.

Anyway, I went out to a meal with my mum and some other people. Now y mum deserves to be ehre more than me. She's written and published one book already (http://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/?product_id=1943), and this was the celebration for the second.

And we had wine, and then a turkish aniseed drink called Raki?

And I;ve been signed sick off work again cause I'm a loon, so... I drank quite a lot.

And now I am pleasantly drunk. A bit past tipsy - enough past tipsy to not be able to spell and to think I'm awesome - but not shitfaced.

And I don;t know why I;d think you;d care, except I;ve been told I;m a funny drunk. So. there.

mirandashell
08-01-2012, 01:29 AM
Aniseed?

You'll be seeing that again in the morning!

Glad you had a good night though.

Anninyn
08-01-2012, 01:31 AM
If absinthe aint a problem, neither will this be.

Urrgh, I have to ring work in the morning and say 'sorry, the doctor saidf I'm too crazy to work'

mirandashell
08-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Bloody hell, you can keep down absinthe? I'm impressed.

You missed a good newbie row here tonight. I made a comment that could, very slightly, be taken as maybe sarcastic and was called a bitch. All good fun!

Anninyn
08-01-2012, 01:37 AM

You missed a good newbie row here tonight. I made a comment that could, very slightly, be taken as maybe sarcastic and was called a bitch. All good fun!

I saw that while brosing 'new threads'. Why do all the dramas happen when I'm out? My blog doesn;t even colelct quality trollign.

And yeah, I can. I'm the daughter of an alcoholic and the wife of a scot, not being able to keep down my booze would be a source of utter shame.

mccardey
08-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Is there a drunk thread? There should be. I looked for one, but I'm too drunk to hae patience.

Anyway, I went out to a meal with my mum and some other people. Now y mum deserves to be ehre more than me. She's written and published one book already (http://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/?product_id=1943), and this was the celebration for the second.

And we had wine, and then a turkish aniseed drink called Raki?

And I;ve been signed sick off work again cause I'm a loon, so... I drank quite a lot.

And now I am pleasantly drunk. A bit past tipsy - enough past tipsy to not be able to spell and to think I'm awesome - but not shitfaced.

And I don;t know why I;d think you;d care, except I;ve been told I;m a funny drunk. So. there.

Just so you know - your spelling is fine. Your punctuation is rubbish. Raki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rak%C4%B1)does that. I'll be thinking you tomorrow because - oh, never mind. (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251110)..

WildScribe
08-01-2012, 01:42 AM
Congrats to your mom! It doesn't take much to get me drunk, but I don't let myself get there too often.

Although, honestly, once I AM drunk, I seem okay at holding it. I had 4-5 shots of tequila in margarita form (my uncle makes them really strong...) in about an hour and a half, and I was definitely drunk, but still upright and all.

Anninyn
08-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Just so you know - your spelling is fine. Your punctuation is rubbish. Raki does that. I'll be thinking you tomorrow because - oh, never mind...

Oh dear. Hangover central?

Raki also makes me want to take off my top, but I'm the sort of girl who'd do that after a sniff of mouthwash, so..

BunnyMaz
08-01-2012, 01:44 AM

Damnit I love newbie drama! Are the comments still up for the rest of us to read?

Anninyn
08-01-2012, 01:45 AM
Congrats to your mom! It doesn't take much to get me drunk, but I don't let myself get there too often.

Although, honestly, once I AM drunk, I seem okay at holding it. I had 4-5 shots of tequila in margarita form (my uncle makes them really strong...) in about an hour and a half, and I was definitely drunk, but still upright and all.

Yeah, I;m super proud of her. ANd a bit jealous. This makes me the only member of my family except for my dad who hasn't had anything puublished for money.

I get to a stage of runk and stay there all night, unless I really over do it when I go from 'drunk' to 'borderline unconsicous' in seconds.

WildScribe
08-01-2012, 01:52 AM
Never passed out, thrown up, or been hung over, so I guess I'm doing good.

You'll get there, too, especially with so many good publishing genes in the family line!

mccardey
08-01-2012, 01:53 AM
Oh dear. Hangover central?

Raki also makes me want to take off my top, but I'm the sort of girl who'd do that after a sniff of mouthwash, so..

Keep your top on, blossom. You'll be happy you did, tomorrow. Plus, if you take it off tomorrow, you'll remember why....

Anninyn
08-01-2012, 01:55 AM
Keep your top on, blossom. You'll be happy you did, tomorrow. Plus, if you take it off tomorrow, you'll remember why....

Ah, my husbands already seen it.

Anninyn
08-01-2012, 01:56 AM
Never passed out, thrown up, or been hung over, so I guess I'm doing good.

You'll get there, too, especially with so many good publishing genes in the family line!

Nah, you jsut haven't gone partying with me.

mccardey
08-01-2012, 01:57 AM
Ah, my husbands already seen it.

Yes, well you don't want to over-excite him... :granny:

PS: I'm enjoying the way your spelling is going all - creative.... Vitamin B, lots of water and bed would be my suggestion. And oh, how right it is...

mirandashell
08-01-2012, 01:57 AM
I saw that while brosing 'new threads'. Why do all the dramas happen when I'm out? My blog doesn;t even colelct quality trollign.

What made me laugh is him thinking one sarcastic comment makes a woman a bitch..... he would hate living here!

Anninyn
08-01-2012, 02:00 AM
What made me laugh is him thinking one sarcastic comment makes a woman a bitch..... he would hate living here!

I thought that was brilliant. Ridiculous! It wasn't even in the grade of sarcasm I;d use to most people I know, it was quite nice. He must have a very thin skin.

Anninyn
08-01-2012, 02:06 AM
Yes, well you don't want to over-excite him... :granny:

PS: I'm enjoying the way your spelling is going all - creative.... Vitamin B, lots of water and bed would be my suggestion. And oh, how right it is...

I'm honestly fine. I was quite a party girl up until about 23 so thyis is nothing. I don't consider myself dangerously drunk unless I wake up handcuffed to a park bench.

Ask me about that when I'm sober.

Anninyn
08-01-2012, 02:08 AM
I keep forgetting a lot of you are american, so my idea of 'good night out and standard level drunkness' is your idea of 'get to bed!'

mirandashell
08-01-2012, 02:10 AM
Ooh I don't know about that. I once knew an American bloke who drank until the sun came up. And back down again.

Which is probably why he was living over here!

Caitlin Black
08-01-2012, 02:55 AM
I used to be quite the drinker...

It stopped being fun though, so I gave it up. And yes, I can hold down Absinthe. :tongue

GailD
08-01-2012, 04:19 AM
Anninyninin, just tell them you're not half so thunk as some drinkel peep you are here.

:e2drunk:

Silver King
08-01-2012, 04:21 AM
Is there a drunk thread? There should be. I looked for one, but I'm too drunk to hae patience...
I started one here (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98319) that was popular for a while but hasn't been active in about a year. Had some good times in that thread, not the least of which was when I posted a nude picture of myself from my younger days. You could say I was pretty drunk the night I shared that one...

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-01-2012, 05:28 AM
Was that the pic I had to -ahem- censor?

Silver King
08-01-2012, 05:38 AM
Was that the pic I had to -ahem- censor?
Yeah, that's the one. But you kept the original, I'm sure. ;)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-01-2012, 05:44 AM
Absolutely.

It's with my collection of Gerard Butler art.

Anninyn
08-01-2012, 01:22 PM
I am hungover, but not majorly. Nothing some ibuprofen won't cure.

I'm more tired, cause last night the police knocked on our door at twenty to two, cause someone had been seen breaking into the pub next door, and they wanted to check we were OK, and ask if we'd seen anything. After that I was paranoid and couldn't get back to sleep.

seun
08-01-2012, 01:40 PM
I am hungover, but not majorly. Nothing some ibuprofen won't cure.

I'm more tired, cause last night the police knocked on our door at twenty to two, cause someone had been seen breaking into the pub next door, and they wanted to check we were OK, and ask if we'd seen anything. After that I was paranoid and couldn't get back to sleep.

So a standard evening in Norfolk?

Anninyn
08-01-2012, 01:49 PM
So a standard evening in Norfolk?

Pretty standard, though no beastiality or anyne being run over with a tractor.