MBA with an attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_niki

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if I jump in a little blindly.

I'm working on a screenplay, and I need some info on corporate life. My main character is a young man fresh out of business school. He's full of energy and ambition, but he's terribly green. He's been hired by a local retail chain that's being threatened by a national chain. The owner of the company mistrusts college boys, but he's desperate so he takes a chance on our hero. He's got to come up with a new marketing strategy, and fast. I need him to have talent, but I also need him to make terrible blunders. Any ideas? What are some of the most aggravating things a green MBA could do?

Thanks in advance!

Jenny

Who should be writing ...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My mind's gone blank, although there should be tons of stuff. You can start with the guy quoting experts and templates and thinking that a consultant can save everything - and don't forget that he wants to remind people of his exciting, brand new MBA. Maybe have him drinking out of a mug plastered with 'MBA'. Even nice people get overcome with the excitement of earning an MBA, or doctorate, or whatever.

I guess you're looking for the gap between theory and practice. So he orders a huge stack of promotional t shirts for the store - but in the color of the area's hated, rival football/baseball team.

Or he invests in a radio/tv advertising blitz and then puts it on during a show that the local area's boycotting because ...

And I bet there's a site out there somewhere on the web that gives you marketing bloopers. Sorry I couldn't come up with anything useful.

Jenny

a_niki

Registered
Reaction score
Those are great ideas, Jenny. Just the kind of thing I was looking for. Something that will not only offend the boss/company, but the community at large. Thanks! If you think of anything else, please let me know.

a_niki

Registered
Reaction score
Fun article

Thanks.

I'm still looking for more stories, so if anyone else has something to share...

Status
Not open for further replies.