Status
Not open for further replies.

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
So, I want to know all about you - what's your medium? How do you create?

Personally, I'm a photographer (I do other crafts, but they're more transforming than creating). Here's one of my favs:

layered-lighthouse-e1307923046728.jpg

Arcadia Divine

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a graphics design student right now. I'm not picky on how I create as long as I can freely correct my mistakes without messing my art up. I especially like digital painting and pixel art. Pixel art I'm no good at though. I just have a hard time with individual dots. lol

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
I'm an art studio minor, architecture major. I pretty much do everything except painting (but I'm working on that). My last project took one or two hours:
thumbrepair-evolution.jpg

Hamilton

Registered
Reaction score
I...draw I guess. Not very well. Hope that I can finish a comic script and illustrate it, gaining many art levels in the process.

I created my avatar in Photoshop. Thrilling, I know.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I'm a commercial artist specializing in home-decor pieces that follow current design trends; in other words, sofa art. I'm starting a gig as an art teacher with a new local company, so this could be another use for my ill-gotten acrylic paint skills in the harsh world of commercial decor art.

I might be teaching a version of this piece:

(removed art for great reason - it's getting licensed!)

I'm also a digital artist, silversmith, mask-maker, costumer, bookbinder, and jewelry designer.

Last edited:

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
I've been a professional artist for nearly twenty years. My chief medium is egg tempera, but I'm familiar with most painting and drawing media. I also do textile art, clothing, and costumery, and I've dabbled in comics, teaching, and a few other things.

Lately I've been getting more serious about the clothing, designing and fabricating it, then painting on it and making paintings of it.

Welcome-Wagons.jpg
03SpringandAutumnJacketback.jpg

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
So, I want to know all about you - what's your medium? How do you create?

Personally, I'm a photographer (I do other crafts, but they're more transforming than creating). Here's one of my favs:

layered-lighthouse-e1307923046728.jpg

What a beautiful shot. It seems unreal in a way, as it's so darn perfect in every sense.

I shoot mostly wildlife (birds and insects and stuff).

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
I've been a professional artist for nearly twenty years. My chief medium is egg tempera, but I'm familiar with most painting and drawing media. I also do textile art, clothing, and costumery, and I've dabbled in comics, teaching, and a few other things.

Lately I've been getting more serious about the clothing, designing and fabricating it, then painting on it and making paintings of it.

Welcome-Wagons.jpg
03SpringandAutumnJacketback.jpg

Have you ever thought about doing masks? A friend of a friend makes these gorgeous leather masks (mostly masquerade style). With your artsy talent I bet you'd create some really beautiful ones.

I mostly paint with acrylics, sketch and do a little photography. I have a DeviantArt account where I have some old stuff up that really needs to be polished and updated a bit.

http://abiellerose.deviantart.com/

Last edited:

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I draw as a hobby, whenever the mood comes and lately it doesn't come very often. I did oil paint for a time but that was a long time ago. I use mainly graphite, sometimes colored pencils and back in my comic book character drawing days I would use pencil, then ink over the top of it. I take photos of my garden plants, though this year I've been slacking.

But I suppose I won't be posting pictures on here. If they must be so small, they are not worth posting. In the future, if I decide to share any, I'll just link to the picture instead. If anyone is interested, I have a DeviantArt account that they can browse.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Grinding it out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twentyfoursevenlife.com
Writing is my most creative medium.

Aside from that, I sew for my children. My favorite projects involve reclaimed fabric, mostly other items of clothing that I cut apart and refashion into another outfit.

I used to crochet lace, but it is so time consuming and tedious. I don't have the patience for it anymore.

I occasionally make scrapbooks and dabble with Photoshop...at which I am fairly skilled, thank you very much.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I do whatever I can get away with - painting, pen & ink, charcoal, spray paints, a certain level of sculpture (nothing too complex, though I'm contemplating moving up to using big chunks of metal for something I have been thinking about for too long), and I even designed a couple of t-shirts waaay back (dumb as the artwork was).

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I embroider. I draw the design straight onto the fabric and then stitch over it.

Claydon064-1.jpg

Claydon058.jpg

Last edited:

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
I embroider. I draw the design straight onto the fabric and then stitch away. Main subjects are imaginary trees and sometimes 'cherry trees', well they are trees with bloom on them.

I hope these are not too big - no idea how to make them smaller.

They're very nice, but they are too big. Do you have some photo editing software where you can reduce their size? Roughly 400 x 400 pixels is what we're aiming for.

Rhubix

New kid, critique harshly!
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome idea for a sub forum :D. Lots of neat stuff so far.

I'm a classical animator, currently animating special effects for a show called Wild Kratts. I'm also lead designer on a web series that has been consistently delayed, but so much fun.
I've done lots of studying, everything from oil paints and charcoal, to 3D animation, to burlap rag mats.

Here's a pig I drew.
PJs.jpg

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Awesome idea for a sub forum :D. Lots of neat stuff so far.

I'm a classical animator, currently animating special effects for a show called Wild Kratts. I'm also lead designer on a web series that has been consistently delayed, but so much fun.
I've done lots of studying, everything from oil paints and charcoal, to 3D animation, to burlap rag mats.

Here's a pig I drew.

Neat! And cute.

I have a friend who was one of the original Veggietales animators. It's a cool profession.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
They're very nice, but they are too big. Do you have some photo editing software where you can reduce their size? Roughly 400 x 400 pixels is what we're aiming for.

Thanks. I don't but I know someone who does and will get it sorted. Sorry.

Edited to say: I have reduced one picture and it should be 400x400.

Last edited:

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
Hello everyone.

I work for a local corporation as a jack of all trades in the marketing department. I work on their magazine, shirt design plus screen prepping, various digital media assignments, social media, and copywriting.

In my off hours--when not writing--I work on digital paintings, and I enjoy nascent studies into 3D design, animation, and video effects.

Listing these in case people need help learning software... My programs of choice & experience levels:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Photoshop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Gimp
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Illustrator
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 InDesign
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Flash
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 After Effects
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Blender
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Mudbox

SBibb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sbibb.wordpress.com
I'm a photographer, but my specialty is in photomanipulation wth Photoshop. I take my own photos, then edit them to be unique pieces of art. I'm working towards being a book cover designer. :)

You can see an example in my avatar or on my DeviantArt account: http://sbibb.deviantart.com

Status
Not open for further replies.