PDA

View Full Version : Picture Book Beta Requested

Adrianna Burch
07-24-2012, 02:46 AM
I'm looking for someone more experienced in the PB field to help me refine my picture book. With a few rejections, I figure it's about time to have some fresh eyes look at it. It's a teensy bit over 280 words, so it's nice and short.

Please and thank you,
Adri

Bufty
07-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Is this the self-published one or a different one?

Adrianna Burch
07-24-2012, 06:46 PM
A different one.

Bufty
07-24-2012, 07:02 PM
I assume you are aware a picture book narrative is so small it easily fits into the appropriate SYW Forum, which is password protected to keep out roving google-bots and is regularly visted by many capable critters including those with PB experience.

I do hope it's not a 'don't want anyone to steal my idea' thought that curiously has you looking here for an anonymous beta reader.

Adrianna Burch
07-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Nope, it's very much not. :) I was thinking about putting it there, but I heard you shouldn't put your whole story up or you've wasted the rights to first release and I didn't know if that counts with picture books.

Bufty
07-25-2012, 01:58 AM
Putting work on a critique Forum is not publishing.

Unimportant
07-25-2012, 05:38 AM
Stupid question: does a picture book come with pictures? That would be a good reason to not put it on SYW (posting pics can be tedious and requires them to be on the web somewhere and uses up a lot of bandwidth etc.)

Adrianna Burch
07-25-2012, 05:52 AM
It could, but mine doesn't. I've just heard the advice of don't put up the whole thing echoed in SYW many times before.

suki
07-25-2012, 06:12 AM
It could, but mine doesn't. I've just heard the advice of don't put up the whole thing echoed in SYW many times before.

SYW doesn't count - it's password protected, so it's not considered "published."

And while for a novel you can't post the whole thing in SYW at once, for a less than 300 word PB you can post the whole text in Children's share your work for critique.

SYW is your best bet.

~suki

Adrianna Burch
07-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Thanks guys ^-^