The Absolute Write-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Next Absolute 3 day Write-in: Friday- Sunday, August 10, 11, and 12th.

Looking for a fun way to boost your word count and meet your writing goal? Yeah, me too. It's amazing how often I run into other AWers around social media sites, especially twitter. There are lots of fun writing hashtags to help link up with other writers.

#1k1hr
#500in30
#wordwar
#wordscrim
#amwriting
#amediting
#fastdraft

Now there is one more: #AWritein

Once a week we announce a day in this thread for the Absolute Write-in. You can use the #AWritein hashtag to link up with other AWers who are writing, challenge each other, word wars, or anything you want. You can combine it with your favorite twitter writing prompt or game. When you're done, come back here and post your word count.

The beauty of this is that it doesn't matter what you're writing. You can be writing blog posts, fiction, memoir, self-help, paid content, freelance articles or even dayjob stuff. Doesn't matter if you are unpublished, trade published or self-published. Whatever you need or want to write, this can be a fun way to use postitive peer pressure.

So that you don't have to hunt through this thread looking for dates, I'll always update this post right at the top. I would also like to add any other writing hashtags you have to the above list so PM or rep me with any of those.

Oh, and before I forget:

funny-pictures-cat-has-experience-writing-computer-code.jpg

You knew there would be lolcats involved, right?

Last edited:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! I hope this will be fun. I write much more when engaged in a little friendly competition.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I figured all day would work since we have so many people in different time zones. I'll especially be there in the evening after I'm done with dayjob.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I smell awesome sauce! #AWritein

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Awesome Idea! Can't make this one, but I'll be on the next one like hot sauce on wings.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Love it, love it, love it! Can't wait for some friendly peer pressure.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hooray! I'll be in and out as well. Gotta cram dayjob and food into my life somewhere. Plus my kids will expect me to talk to them and stuff. But I hope to make tomorrow a really productive day. My goal is 5k. That makes me scared to say, but I've got to shoot for something big.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Yay! I hope this will be fun. I write much more when engaged in a little friendly competition.
I really dislike treating my writing as a competition. If I think about it as a solo endeavor at least then I have a chance. But a competition? I was that kid picked last for everything. :( it would be like high school all over again.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be a competition, Ed. Whatever works for you. Not all of the hashtags are competitive games. It's supposed to be fun and get the writing juices flowing. If competition isn't fun for you then don't do things like #wordwar. I'm not the fastest writer. I usually 'lose' things like #wordwars and stuff, but I feel like I won when I see how much I've written in a day. This isn't the Olympics here. Promise.

You can simply write along with us for postitive encouragement.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've actually been planning my day around "Here is when I can write" and "Here is time when I have to do other stuff."

Status
Not open for further replies.