• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Betas for short story--apocalyptic fantasy (4.4k wc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
So yes, as the title says, I need a couple of betas for a story. If you're curious, there's an earlier draft of the intro up on SYW (password: vista).

I am willing to exchange critiques for short stories only. No first chapters or novellas. I don't mind reading your story if it happens to be a couple thousand words longer than mine. My genres of interest are horror, fantasy, science fiction. I'm not a fan of YA.

I am going to be a little bit picky in that I want betas to have at least a dozen or so posts. Just to show that you do participate--and so I can check your posts out, haha. Also, please have a decent grasp on grammar.

I'm fine with and welcome tough critiques, likewise, I give the same. But don't try to rewrite my story.

If you have any questions or are interested, feel free to PM. ;)

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
So finally revised it, and could use fresh eyeballs. Any takers? I should also mention that I'm not looking for a LBL, since I feel the grammar and writing is well off, but rather, I need to know if others "get" the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.