PDA

View Full Version : Looking for beta reader/mentor/writing buddy (or any combination thereof) for a paranormal fantasy

GiddyUpGo
07-22-2012, 01:12 AM
Hello, this is my first post and I'm looking forward to being a regular here.

I've recently finished a paranormal novel for adult readers. I've queried a few agents and have gotten standard form rejections from most of them. Obviously something is wrong, so now I'm taking the next step of finding an unbiased reader to help me improve what I already have. I'd be happy to swap mss with someone else who is in need of the same.

Thanks in advance!
Becki

SecretIona101
07-22-2012, 01:17 AM
Hi,
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with editors. I would love to help you out as far as being an unbiased third-party. :)

Unimportant
07-22-2012, 01:37 AM
Giddyup, Absolute Write's Share Your Work critique section has a subforum devoted specifically to query letters. Probably the best way to learn to write a query letter is to read and critique a few gazillion other people's query letters! Feel free to hop into the workshop and give your feedback on the query letters there, and once you've reached 50 posts you can put your own query letter up for feedback.

mikesignor
07-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Just sent you a PM.