William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
our enlightened lawmakers have make it a federal crime to annoy people on the internet under the cloak of anonymity. since i post under my real name, i'm immune and can still annoy you all i want.

however, if you have a "handle"/"alias"/"username" and you annoy me, i will see that you are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and preferably sent to gitmo where you'll be beaten repeatedly about the head with a koran or something.

http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-annoyance,+go+to%20+jail/2010-1028_3-6022491.html?part=rss&tag=602249%201&subj=news

Annoying someone via the Internet is now a federal crime.

It's no joke. Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on posting annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity.

<snip>

To grease the rails for this idea, Sen. Arlen Specter, a Pennsylvania Republican, and the section's other sponsors slipped it into an unrelated, must-pass bill to fund the Department of Justice. The plan: to make it politically infeasible for politicians to oppose the measure.

The tactic worked. The bill cleared the House of Representatives by voice vote, and the Senate unanimously approved it Dec. 16.

Last edited:

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
your response annoys me. please go outside and await the black helicopters, which should be arriving within moments. next?

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
our enlightened lawmakers have make it a federal crime to annoy people on the internet under the cloak of anonymity. since i post under my real name, i'm immune and can still annoy you all i want.

however, if you have a "handle"/"alias"/"username" and you annoy me, i will see that you are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and preferably sent to gitmo where you'll be beaten repeatedly about the head with a koran or something.
Catch me if you can, you bastard.

signed,

B. Fingers

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
I live in my poetry and stories ... sometimes the
Website
users.skynet.be
William Haskins said:

http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-annoyance,+go+to%20+jail/2010-1028_3-6022491.html?part=rss&tag=602249%201&subj=news

Annoying someone via the Internet is now a federal crime.

It's no joke. Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on posting annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity.

<snip>

To grease the rails for this idea, Sen. Arlen Specter, a Pennsylvania Republican, and the section's other sponsors slipped it into an unrelated, must-pass bill to fund the Department of Justice. The plan: to make it politically infeasible for politicians to oppose the measure.

The tactic worked. The bill cleared the House of Representatives by voice vote, and the Senate unanimously approved it Dec. 16.

Unbelievable! You don't say? Who is this Bush guy you are talking about? Ok I hand it to him e-flairs and immature name-calling is rediculous, stalking, etc. too but that's a matter of IQ ... onf the part of the reader's, isn't it? Basically everything that happens in Cyberspace is only in the head of the one who actively goes onto it. So what's the problem? If Bush thinks **** ... what does he get? **** or 5 dots? So where's the name-calling of abuse? In **** or in **** = 5 dots?

Weird!

Last edited:

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
what makes y'all think biotales is not my real name....
huh....
Send the helicopters... I have a sling shot...

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
biotales said:
what makes y'all think biotales is not my real name....
huh....
Send the helicopters... I have a sling shot...

Mmm J.P. Biotales ... if figuers. J.P. for J.R. Ewing. Is real name. I vouch for it! Anyone wants to vouch for my name, T.H Argo Spier = The Honourable Argospier. Sounds nice, eh? Say, maybe this Bush guy - male is he? - isn't so dumb! People will start taking notice of each other's names. Web can become very convivial! Also down with names lik knwcsd3364 etc.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
yuk it up.

it's all fun and games till you're locked in a cage and doing your business through a hole in the floor.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Hey, just in time to bury PA for all its tone letters that don't have any signatures. Just think! Everyone of the staff could be liable unless someone steps forward as the culprit. Think after the first one that anyone else will ever leave their name off? ;)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Since we all seem to annoy William, I guess we're all going to jail.

Ah. Finally I'll have the time and peace and quiet to write my novel.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Hey Brady, if you wear a tinfoil beanie the helicopters won't see you.

Not that I do that or anything....

:::annoys Haskins just for fun::::

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
No really, is this true? Can one enforce a law like this? How can it be proved that I am actually writing this ... I mean it is YOU who are reading these 'words'; you who think the black thingies here are words. Secondly, YOU are the one who read categorial semantic value (meaning) INTO them. Look, all I have done in this post so far was creatively played on my keyboard as if it were a piano. I am an artist, see? All these 'letters' (proof to me the black on this white are letters!) ... 'Oh, YOU are reading meaning into them! How interesting!'

There is no possible way that such a law can be enforced!

Not signed!

(Pssst! Just to be on the safe side I don't play the notes that mightl form my name in your eyes!)

Last edited:

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
Often times a statute will be deemed "unconstitutionally vague" because it is not specific enough to give notice as to what conduct actually constitutes an offense.

I think that is certainly the case here.

Brady

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
sounds like the unpatriotic lunatic ramblings of a dime-a-dozen jailhouse lawyer to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.