blurb for a short story.

robertbevan

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
fair warning... i'm probably not going to change this.

this is for a short story that i wrote... just a little side adventure of about 5500 words which is completely tangential to the plot of my novel (future series). it's just meant to give the reader a taste of my style and sense of humor, and maybe tempt them to buy my book.

it's not something i'm taking super seriously. i'm putting it out for $0.99 just to lure some folks in. but i'm putting my tiny little blurb here just for some reactions.

Cooper, Julian, and Ravenus investigate a cave. Cooper gets kicked in the nuts so hard that he shits himself at one point. That's worth a dollar all by itself.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on screaming 'I self published this' with your blurb. If you're not looking for feedback, why are you posting it?

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
In that case, as both a reader and an editor, I would roll my eyes and say "Author is either 10, not trying, or just doesn't understand the first thing about writing."

I happened to check out the blurb for your story as well. It doesn't exactly hit me where I live in terms of maturity level, but it also makes sense, has a plot, and is thoughtfully written.

robertbevan

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
haha...

yeah, it's one of those ironic things where if there were to be made a movie about it, it would have to have the warning "for mature audiences", but honestly it's for anything but.