• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Want Some Betas for a Romantic YA Novella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallon

My writing sounds better in my head
Registered
Reaction score
I'm about halfway through a romantic/drama/contemporary novella, and i'm looking for beta-readers for it.
I'd love to work on a chapter-by-chapter basis, which should be fairly easy since each chapter is only about 1k-2k words, and there aren't very many chapters.
Please PM me or post here, or both, whatever floats your boat. :)

Violeta

All I Ever Wanted Was The World
Registered
Reaction score
I was going to raise my hand, but then I realized something.

What you're looking for is a critique partner (or writing buddy).

Betas are for finished (and fairly polished) manuscripts. A beta is someone who will read your MS in a sitting and tell you if it made sense, if the characters were fleshed out, if the world-building had any inconsistencies, the story and pace were fluid and engaging, etc.

You're looking for someone to help you with your WIP. That's what a critique partner is for. To look at your unfinished, raw manuscript and help you with it. Usually in exchange for you to do the same for them, obviously :tongue.

On another note, it'd help if you gave a brief description of what your novella is about. Might get someone interested in it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.