It's official! Obama's birth certificate is a forgery!

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
My god, some people are dumb as fuck. What really gets me is that they *apparently* have hundreds of sexual assault cases backed up in their files. With their record on profiling and this birther shit, I'm thinking their politicians would feel more at home elsewhere. They don't like the Pres and they really don't like their southern neighbors. They should move to some island far, far away.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
I think we all knew back when this "investigation" was launched what the "findings" would be.

There was no way Sheriff Joe was going to come out and say Obama was a natural-born US citizen. The only question is how many idjits are going to have a freak out based on this and/or the (cough) new accusations that Obama's administration has been infiltrated by Muslims.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously, what do they think him being non-American is going to change? Whether Obama is Kenyan or Hawaiian or Martian, he's still OBAMA. He's still got all the positives and negatives that he always had. Where he is from is irrelevant, especially now that his term is almost over. God this is a waste of time.

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
Seriously, what do they think him being non-American is going to change? Whether Obama is Kenyan or Hawaiian or Martian, he's still OBAMA. He's still got all the positives and negatives that he always had. Where he is from is irrelevant, especially now that his term is almost over. God this is a waste of time.

If he were not a natural born American citizen (which he is), it would not be legal for him to be president.

US Constitution Article II Section 1:
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#A2Sec1
No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Presumably, therefore everything he has done as president: laws he's signed, law's he's vetoed, judges he's appointed etc would be null and void. Since the matter has never been adjudicated it would be up to the Supreme Court to decide the consequences of determining that a sitting president was unqualified for the office.

Truth to tell, however, I don't think much of this has to do with legality. I think it's cognitive dissonance. To a lot of Birthers it seems to be an impossibility that such a person (hint: race) could be president, therefore there must be some reason why he really isn't.

People get very strange when their underlying presumptions are challenged by reality.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good point about the legality. The thing is though, the "movement" is grapsing at straws and just looks silly. At this point, even if some legitimate evidence comes forth, people won't take it seriously.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I always thought their logic was "no true American would ever disagree with us, so he's obviously un-American".

little_e

Trust: that most precious coin.
Registered
Reaction score
My god, some people are dumb as fuck. What really gets me is that they *apparently* have hundreds of sexual assault cases backed up in their files. With their record on profiling and this birther shit, I'm thinking their politicians would feel more at home elsewhere. They don't like the Pres and they really don't like their southern neighbors. They should move to some island far, far away.
Other countries don't want them.

little_e

Trust: that most precious coin.
Registered
Reaction score
Quick! Pass an amendment saying the president can be born in Kenya!
Okay, problem solved.

SirOtter

Il Cavaliere Marino
Registered
Reaction score
I always thought their logic was "no true American would ever disagree with us, so he's obviously un-American".

I think this is closer to the reality of the situation. It's more that he's nominally a Democrat that sticks in their collective craw than anything else. Clinton got the same moronic reaction, and if it had ever been suggested he hadn't really been born in Hope, Arkansas, these idiots would've been all over that, too.

Mharvey

Liker Of Happy Things
Registered
Reaction score
Mike Zullo, the posse's chief investigator, said numeric codes on certain parts of the birth certificate indicate that those parts weren't filled out, yet those sections asking for the race of Obama's father and his field of work or study were completed.

O. M. G. How do you say "smoking gun" in Kenyan?

Next stop, Arnold Schwarzenegger, 2016 baby!

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
So where are the True Scotsmen when we need them?
What's a Sheriff Dept. in Arizona doing investigating the President's citizenship records anyway?
You haven't hear of Sherriff Joe? He is God (of his tiny domain), and infamous for, among other things, making his (male) prisoners wear pink underpants. Thus, He Has The Authority...
Actually, I wouldn't mind an amendment doing away with the "natural born" requirement, as long as it required being naturalized for, say, at least 20 years.
On the other hand, there are plenty enough natural-born citizens who I think would be qualified in every other way to hold the office.

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ho Hum, more of the same from Sheriff Joe. The timing is interesting. There is a hearing tomorrow on the federal profiling charges.

MM

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
I did say on my blog yesterday (in the footnotes) that we'd happily take Obama off your hands in exchange for a rather snazzy two for one deal with Cameron and Clegg...

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I did say on my blog yesterday (in the footnotes) that we'd happily take Obama off your hands in exchange for a rather snazzy two for one deal with Cameron and Clegg...
I'd swap those two for a half of shandy and a bag of Bacon Frazzles