Very dissapointed with ISBN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpeggio

Registered
Reaction score
My last book to set up on CS before I start marketing them.

CS tell me the Imprint I entered is wrong and they changed it, I tell them they are wrong and send a print screen of my own PubWeb account showing them what it is. No joy.

I contact the UK ISBN agency and the manager replies to confirm I am right then I quote them to CS with their contact details, I also send CS another printscreen within my own account, as well as a link to the same book (Lightning Source) listed on their own Amazon site where the imprint is the correct one.

So it takes over a week of this until CS finally tell me they look at Bowker not PubWeb. Seems like the different people who receive my Emails are the only ones who see the fact I am showing them my Nielsen PubWeb account while whoever they ask to check their records is oblivious to this.

I contact Bowker and ask them to correct their records, they do this and I contact CS to tell them it should be correct on Bowker now and they can correct it. Bowker also tell me I can see it and make any alterations within my BowkerLINK account, I reply that I'm in the UK and am only on PubWeb. They suggest I open an BowkerLINK account, which I agree to do with a discreet comment about the defenition of the Letter "I" within "ISBN" for "International", although I am very dissapointed I realize by now it would be best for me to control it myself.

When I apply to BowkerLINK, although it tells me it will be approved within 3 business days, it also says the account will be inactive during the verification period. So the Email I sent to CS telling them to check their records and update will lead their technician to see nothing.

3rd days not verified yet, then when it is I will have to wait for a few days for any info I put to be read and approved by an Editor. Then tell CS, or just completely re-submit the title on CS.

So far it has been over 2 weeks. Really dissapointed.

Otherwise it seems that anything I put into PubWeb goes to Bowker too (apart from the imprint for one book causing all these problems), after all I have paid for an "International" SBN. I have the Enhanced Book Service with PubWeb.

Can having an account with both PubWeb and BowkerLINK cause problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.