PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Quality Content Writers [$10 - $100 (Aust.)]

Anumie
07-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Hiya peoples! I know my face (...username) isn't well-known here, but truth is I've been a member of AW since I was a teenager. :D

My name's Belinda Pepper.

I started out in internet marketing in 2010, but I'm now working mostly on graphic design and website creation for other internet marketers.

On occasion, I need to get articles written to help populate websites. I'm looking for someone I can trust to write high quality articles (knowledge of SEO isn't necessary) by a deadline.

What is "high quality"?
Proper English (British/American)
No spelling or grammar issues
Article is focused - never rambles for no reason
Article sucks reader in from the beginning
Suits the style of the website (professional/ sales copy/ laid-back/ funny/ scientific)
Informative and UNIQUE (contains facts and insights that cannot be easily found on other websites)
Each article must be written to satisfaction by the deadline

This post is pretty dry, but I'm actually quite a laid back person. ;) Unfortunately, my current writer took advantage of this and was over a week past the deadline.

The problem is, the articles I'm getting written are for my customer's sites. Therefore, when a writer exceeds a deadline, that's my butt (and reputation) on the line. So as understanding as I try to be, that's a sure-fire way to miss out on future work.

Deadlines are usually a week or more, though on some rare occasions a deadline will only be 24 hours (only ever for more simple work).

Pricing depends on what needs to be written.
Sometimes I'll just need a writer to clean up an article that has already been written, or to add in a few points.
Other times, articles need to be written from scratch, but no research is necessary- the information will be provided for you.
"Proper" articles will be written from scratch, with your own research.
With these things in mind, pricing can start from $10 per writing project, with articles being anywhere from $25 to $100, depending on the amount of work required and how quickly I need it delivered.
All money is paid in Australian dollars, via Paypal.

Knowledge of how to write posts in Wordpress will be important. But if you haven't done it before, don't worry too much. Wordpress is user-friendly. I'm sure there's plenty of tutorials on YouTube that will be more than enough to teach you how to do it. And if you still have trouble, I'm there to help.

Jobs will be sporadic, so this would suit someone who already works a day job (preferably with set hours so you know what your availability is), or works from home, or some such. :)

If anyone is at all interested, please let me know! I'd also like to see examples of your best work. ;) To get in touch with me, either post here, shoot me a PM, or send me an email to belinda_pepper@yahoo.com.au

I've got a job lined up ready to go, so quick replies are MUCHLY appreciated. :D

Thankies!

Anumie
07-15-2012, 03:44 AM
Woops, looks like I posted to the wrong sub-forum. Thanks for sorting me out, admin! :)

Deizelcore
07-15-2012, 10:26 PM
I used to freelance as a gaming article writer for a while and I'm familiar with WordPress. However, I’m an ESL writer and have yet to earn a degree in English. Will that be a problem? I can write a sample article for you if you want.

Cheers,

Arthur.

Anumie
07-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the reply Arthur! I do prefer English as first language, but ultimately it's the quality of the writing that counts. If you have any examples of your writing, please feel free to pass them along to my email! :)

I've got quite a large pile of emails to sort through (thanks everyone!!). I will let you ALL know how the applications have gone asap.

I really appreciate all the interest :D Thanks again!

jayinfrance
07-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Has anyone suceeded in sending an email to this address? I keep getting 'bounced.'

Perhaps the OP could verify ?

Tom from UK
07-19-2012, 11:46 AM
I had no problem.

Anumie
07-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Hi all!

I did receive an email that for some reason Yahoo flagged as spam. The emailer wrote:

"...since I live in the UK, I am wondering if this is a job that can be done from home"

(The answer is yes, by the way!)

Tomorrow morning I will send out emails to everyone I've received contacts from, so if you haven't got an email from me within 24 hours, please try again.

Thanks again for the interest everyone! :D

Anumie
07-20-2012, 12:23 PM
I've sent out emails to everyone, and also selected a writer. Thanks everyone for the applications! :D

If you sent me an application, but haven't heard from me today, chances are I didn't receive your email for some reason. Please try again!

If people are still interested in this job, feel free to send along your application. Please point me towards your best writing samples, as I consider these more important than a resume! ;)

Chances are I'll need to have more than one writer in future, so I'll keep any additional applications on hand.

Thanks so much peoples. I knew I could count on AbsoluteWrite to send some awesome writers my way :D

Cheers!