How would you guys handle this? (description question for KDP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCGAuthor

Relentlessly Patient
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jonathancg.net
Hi all, and happy Friday.

I'm placing a short fiction collection on KDP and B&N this weekend. This is the first time I've done so. It's about 18k of short fiction spread across five tales; I'm thinking I'll price it at $1.59 (but I'm not sold on that -- if you have an opinion, go for it...).

My real question concerns the description. Four of the five tales were\are\will be available in free audio format (podcasted by a few high-profile outlets), if one feels like taking the time to dig all over the web, etc. One of those four is upcoming over the next few months. The older stories in the short story collection are revised for some content and general quality improvements (because, frankly, I've improved as a writer since then).

Should I note in the product description that some of these were \ are free and available out there in other formats? I've seen lots of people publish collections of even blog-posted stories before, so I'm curious what the general consensus is.

Thanks, folks.

Last edited:

Kriven

Banned
Reaction score
Website
gallerylost.blogspot.com
It's really up to your personal tastes whether or not to inform your customers that early versions of the work already exist in a free format. Personally, I try to make sure my customers know any of that kind of information right up front.

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
I would think it might benefit you to note that your work is also available in audio format. You could even say, "For more information, visit my website at xxxxxx." You'd draw more readers to your website (a good thing) and you might find people who like the audio version so much, they'll buy the print/e-book version.

JCGAuthor

Relentlessly Patient
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jonathancg.net
Okay, so it seems we have a consensus. I was leaning towards just being open about it as well. Thanks, all, for the thoughts and feedback, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.