PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Little Liars

TheGrayLady
07-11-2012, 05:24 AM
Anyone watch this show? I read 3 or 4 of the books and figured I should tune in when it started. I liked the series so I stayed.

apologies if there's already a thread on this

Diana_Rajchel
07-12-2012, 12:48 AM
I started watching it a few months ago, got all caught up on the series. I'm still deeply uncomfortable with the student/teacher plotline but I have to admit it's kind of sucked me in!

CrastersBabies
01-11-2015, 12:48 AM
Wow, this is a bump. I just started watching this for fun. Let me say that I'm pretty hooked. It's fun fluff. Exactly what I need in between semesters. I'm currently on season 2. But I do have a few gripes/observations:

1. The teacher/student relationship is just icky. And boring. Every time Ezra and Aria come on the screen, I fast forward. I so do not care.

2. Apparently, everyone is technologically impaired. Oops, we lost a video on our laptop. How about emailing that stuff to yourself, girls? Is any laptop password protected? Do people think that "shutting down a video" means that you just close the laptop and it won't be there when someone opens it up again?

3. This town has no forensics team. Neither does the FBI. Because Ian's blood should have been on the rope and there should have been evidence of him all over the place.

4. Teens don't have a lot of sex nor do they drink. And their separated/divorced parents always seem to get back together.

All of that said, there have been some solid moments. Hannah slapping the (bleep) out of that blind girl made my whole day. Like, I smiled for at least three hours after that. She is such a b-word.

And some of the guys are cute and smart and hot.

I love that Piper from Charmed is Aria's mom. And that Rob Lowe's brother is her dad.

And that the troublemaker girl from Melrose Place is Hannah's mom.

Fun to see familiar faces.

And why won't anyone text "A" back and just say, "To hell with you, creepy weirdo?"