offering book covers

miseh

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, another edit. It's all good.

hey,

I wasn't sure where to post this, so move it or tell me if it's not the right section.

I draw and paint and was wondering if anyone with a small to no budget for a book cover would be interested in having one made.

I don't do any photo manipulation, or haven't done. If you have pictures already (and own the copyrights) I would do that too.

I realized I should probably mention that a lot of my art is very dark. It might not fit with stories about flowers and rainbows.

Here's a link to a portfolio. If you want any additional information, please email or message me on here.

http://miseh.carbonmade.com/

Last edited:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yout might post this in the Self-Publishing forum. Folks there are always looking for cover artists. I could move this there if you would like.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
It would help if you had an online portfolio or sample. Even at low cost people have specific requirements and you don't want to waste time doing a commission that is not used.

miseh

Registered
Reaction score
It would help if you had an online portfolio or sample. Even at low cost people have specific requirements and you don't want to waste time doing a commission that is not used.

Yea, you're right. I put some stuff together. Need my husband to come home and take proper pictures of the paintings that aren't on the computer.

sorry for that.

miseh

Registered
Reaction score
Yout might post this in the Self-Publishing forum. Folks there are always looking for cover artists. I could move this there if you would like.

That would be great. Please move it. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No problem. I'll move it and leave a redirect here. You can come back and post links to your portfolio for folks.

Happy writing arting

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
LOVED your artwork!!! I have a horror book that I wrote a few years ago that I plan to self-publish in 2013. It has a very dark edge (all about a group of people who maintain the balance of dark and light in the world. They do not value one greater than the other, but it is their job to keep the balance between the two at all times -- a tricky proposition). The old title was Shadow's Edge. I'm not sure if I'll keep the title or not, but I'd be happy to share more about the story line, if you're interested.

merrihiatt

Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
Miseh did an amazing job with the book cover for a title I'm releasing in 2013. If I receive her permission, I'll post it here. I love it!! It captured the mood of the story perfectly. I recommend her highly!

Thanks, Miseh!!!

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
I don't need a cover but I wanted to say that I loved you artwork anyway! It's really awesome edgy stuff :D

sarahdalton

Banned
Reaction score
Apologies for promoting another forum but there is a 'yellowpages for authors' section on the Kindleboards Writer's Cafe forum which includes a directory of cover artists. That's where I found my cover artist.

You might want to include some info for prospective authors on your website though before contacting them - such as pricings and experience.

Good luck! Some lovely sketches on your site. I can definitely see them on science fiction covers.

miseh

Registered
Reaction score
Miseh did an amazing job with the book cover for a title I'm releasing in 2013. If I receive her permission, I'll post it here. I love it!! It captured the mood of the story perfectly. I recommend her highly!

Thanks, Miseh!!!

Thank you :p Post it if you like.
Sorry for the late reply.

I love working with you :)

miseh

Registered
Reaction score
I don't need a cover but I wanted to say that I loved you artwork anyway! It's really awesome edgy stuff :D

Thanks! :D

Apologies for promoting another forum but there is a 'yellowpages for authors' section on the Kindleboards Writer's Cafe forum which includes a directory of cover artists. That's where I found my cover artist.

You might want to include some info for prospective authors on your website though before contacting them - such as pricings and experience.

Good luck! Some lovely sketches on your site. I can definitely see them on science fiction covers.

Thank you :)

I'll do that. To be honest I wanted to test the waters first and see if there is any demand for my kind of art at all. As Jessianodel already said, it's kind of edgy. I'm so grateful Merri gave me a chance. <3

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Wow, I love your work miseh -- really nice, angular lines. Reminds me a little of Jhonen Vasquez and Aaron Alexovich.

I've got a rather dark 'n edgy work that might be to your tastes, I've sent an e-mail to the address on your portfolio.

merrihiatt

Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
Here's the cover Miseh created for a book I'm self-publishing in e-book and paperback format in 2013. I love it!!!

merricoverartworkrevisedmaybefinal7-25-12smallerimage.jpg

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
It's absolutely stunning! Reminds me of a few of Ursula Le Guin's teen book covers with the dramatic silhouettes on a landscape.

I really like this!