PDA

View Full Version : Submission call - erotic (all sub-genres)

Erolit
07-09-2012, 03:16 AM
We are looking for submissions of erotic (all sub-genres) short stories, flash stories, and poems (up to 3,500 words) for potential publication in an upstart magazine.

Original material only. Author retains copyright and provides magazine with reprint rights.

Email your submissions to editor.erolit@gmail.com, along with name and optional bio.

Thank you.

WildScribe
07-09-2012, 03:24 AM
Do you have a website? Information about the magazine? A theme or themes? "Erotica" covers a whole lot of ground and you really have to sell it if you want free contributions.

Maryn
07-09-2012, 06:21 AM
Yeah, what she said.

The genre really is terribly broad. You're presumably not open to certain materials some writers label erotica. (Diaper play, anyone? Pedophilia?) Do tell us in clear terms what you don't want. Tell us what type of magazine you hope to produce. What audience is the author to target?

While beginners might be fine with credit only for a first or early 'sale,' I'm not happy to see the grab for reprint rights when you're not paying in the first place.

Maryn, skeptic

Unimportant
07-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Original material only. Author retains copyright and provides magazine with reprint rights.
If I sell an original, never-published story, I'm selling first rights. If I'm re-selling a story that was published previously, I'm selling reprint rights.

Which are you looking for?