PDA

View Full Version : First My Little Pony, then, Barbie gets a good cartoon.

Shadow Dragon
07-09-2012, 12:32 AM
So, Mattel has started a webseries for Barbie; Barbie: Life in Dream House and they actually brought on some good comedy writers and use an interesting animation style. The whole thing is like a parody of Barbie, from giving her a lot of mary sue traits to saying that she's had hundreds of jobs. Also, just about everything Ken does is funny.

All the episodes made so far are up on the official Barbie youtube channel. Here's my favorite one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg8AD62J4_M

A side note, one episode has the main cast camping and it's called, Oh So Campy. Using the adjective, campy, in the title of a Barbie cartoon... I see what you did there.

defcon6000
07-09-2012, 02:07 AM
Eh, it's okay. Doesn't have as much character as MLP, and there's something creepy about watching plastic dolls walk around. Also, not a fan of the reality TV show format; even as a parody, it's starting to get old.

Maramoser
07-09-2012, 02:27 AM
Not even gonna lie...I laughed at that horse for five minutes straight. But then again, I have a middle school sense of humor. ;)

So are Barbie and Ken not together? I always made them together when I played with them back in the day. :(

Shadow Dragon
07-09-2012, 02:29 AM
Barbie and Ken are dating. In fact, one of the episodes is suppose to be their 43 anniversary (which is how long the Ken doll has existed).

Sage
07-09-2012, 02:32 AM
I thought it was cute. It felt like the sort of thing Roomie would watch on Toonami when we were in college.

Maramoser
07-09-2012, 02:36 AM
Oh, phew! The other random dude confused me. Barbie/Ken 5eva!

Forgot to mention I saw the one where it's the little girl's birthday on Tumblr. That one was cute too. But it creeps me out how the 5 year old is wearing tons of makeup.

Kayley
07-09-2012, 02:47 AM
The animation creeped me out at first but I'm ashamed to say that I enjoyed the webisode overall. The horse playing the piano made me laugh. Also "If I wanted that reaction, I would have played for my agent.":ROFL:

Shadow Dragon
07-09-2012, 02:51 AM
Oh, phew! The other random dude confused me. Barbie/Ken 5eva!

Forgot to mention I saw the one where it's the little girl's birthday on Tumblr. That one was cute too. But it creeps me out how the 5 year old is wearing tons of makeup.
5eva? Did you happen to watch an animated short starring Crackle?

Also, the basic idea is that Ken is dating Barbie but Ryan also likes her.

BarbaraSheridan
07-10-2012, 05:39 AM
That's cute.

Zoombie
07-10-2012, 12:41 PM
I liked it a lot!