PDA

View Full Version : Seeking writing buddies/betas for various genres

M.Macabre
07-08-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm quite shy and awkward, so hence I'm taking the first step to find some writing buddies. I prefer to self-edit and stay self-motivated, however, I'm beginning to realize that this won't help me advance my writing.

Basically I'm all over the place, because I write:
Horror
Science Fiction (usually hard SF and biopunk)
Dark Contemporary/''Literary''
Gay/Straight BDSM or Dark Erotica (mostly gay)

Most of my work involves graphic content. I'm more than willing to swap Mss, and although I personally prefer to read grittier stuff, I'll crit pretty much anything. Lengthwise, I mostly write shorter works, ranging from 4k to 40k. About me: I'm currently a third year Uni student majoring in biochem, speak conversational French, read fast, used to be a psych major, love Ancient Greek and Roman history, am in my early 20's, GLBT, and friendly C:

I'm not expecting to find someone who writes all of the same genres as me, but if you're interested in even some of the stuff I think it'd be great for us to support each other. As far as publishing goes, I'm undecided of what my writing goals are at this point. I should also say that I've never let anyone really look at my work before, so I'm not sure exactly what degree of feedback I'm soliciting. I've got a pretty tough skin and I've taken serious concrit in my academic works, so I know I can handle, but if it's abysmally bad don't crush my soul. Any second pair of eyes would help me out at this point.

Feel free to send me any Pms/respond here if you want to be writing buddies, betas, mentors, or friends.

Raventongue
07-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Huh. I'm a couple of years younger than you, also GLBT (well, just L really), write mostly fantasy and far-future sci-fi, and I'd like to be writing buddies!

M.Macabre
07-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Thanks for responding to my post, I'll send you a pm.

Chasing the Horizon
07-09-2012, 09:16 AM
I like to read all the genres you listed. I write epic fantasy, dark fantasy, and just started a dark/edgy BDSM erotica piece.

I'd be looking mostly for a writing buddy/someone to give encouragement in the editing and query process, as well as someone to tell me how much the sex scenes in the erotica piece suck. I'd be happy to read for you (I'm a fast reader, and a fairly gentle critter) and give encouragement in return.

PM me if you're interested.

M.Macabre
07-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Sending you a pm.

tedi.s
07-09-2012, 11:41 AM
I write M/M erotica, contemporary and paranormal mixed together. I am a lot older with kids who I homeschool. I have TONS of time when the hubs is deployed. I can help hash out plots and find plot holes.
So far all my published stuff is under my real name and all non-fiction science books and articles.

L.Blake
07-09-2012, 04:12 PM
I would like to be part, if you don't mind. I'm new...so new that I thought a crit and a beta were the same until I asked.

Anyhoo, I write erotica that includes, m/f, f/f, m/f/f and m/f/f/m with some BDSM

L.

M.Macabre
07-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Sending you both pms c:

Kimber
08-05-2012, 04:30 PM
I write erotica (both M/M and M/F) and horror under another name. If you have your partners already, and anyone was left out in the cold, I am also looking for someone to swap with periodically. I have short stories pubbed with a number of houses, including Cleis, Storm Moon, and Ravenous (future).

Thanks! :)

rosebyname
09-29-2012, 09:04 AM
I enjoy thriller/horror. If you still have time left to work on something or co-author, I think that might be interesting. You're in University, I'm long done with it but somtimes a mix of the ages makes for better writing. Let me know.

victoriajakes
09-29-2012, 09:01 PM
So you got quite a few responses already, but I figured I'd put myself out there, just in case (shy and awkward people FTW!).

I write literary horror, sci-fi, and magic realism, with GLBT and BDSM themes (often explicit, but not always erotic). I'm also in my early 20's, just out of uni. I'd be happy to swap work, or brainstorm, or just shoot the shit. Plus, I really love your avatar. So if you're not totally swamped with writer-ly friends already, send me a PM.