• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking beta for Urban Fantasy (Willing to swap!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLWampler

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I have a completed urban fantasy that I would love a beta for. It's a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood.

I've been working on this thing for so long that all of the words are beginning to smash together and make no sense at all. (It doesn't help I work 5, 12 1/2 hour shifts / week either...I don't know how I finished this thing.)

What I would really love advice on is if the characters are at least somewhat believable/sympathetic, does the writing style flow or is it choppy, is the beginning interesting enough and are there any super boring parts, anything else that may put off the reader, and any grammatical issues that are blaringly obvious.

I have revised, rewriten and edited this thing till my brain felt like mush. Then I did it again. I also had a few of my English teacher friends do a read and help me out some more so I'm fairly confident in the grammar, puncuation and typos. They seemed to like it, but they are my friends and friends can big time fibbers. I would love an honest and unbiased critique.

I am also willing to swap. I don't plan on starting my book 2 for a few weeks and in my downtime at work I read. (When I get downtime.)

Merlumen

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there!

I don't have anything to swap at the moment but I'd be willing to help you out!

PM me! :D

Adrianna Burch

Angry owl is judging you.
Registered
Reaction score
This seriously sounds like something I'd be interested in. Like the others, nothing of mine ready (unless you're willing to look at something unfinished), but I'm willing to beta.

CQuinlan

Registered
Reaction score
Mine is far from swap ready but I'd love to help. (I mean I have a few chapters you can hold hostage but be warned, they haven't been neutered yet so they may hump your leg or even bite you with their awfulness)
Do you have any specific worries? Bits that might be confusing, wordiness, dialogue worries or character discrepancies you want us to be on the look out for?
PM me and I'll send on my email to you if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.