• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Humbly Seeking Betas For Speculative/Urban Fantasy Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyxdeslic

Laughing every time I choke.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses to the call I put out for betas; they've been overwhelming.

I'm now well-covered and appreciate this board, and its fine people, now more than ever.

You guys rock.

Lyx

Last edited:

Lyxdeslic

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, just shaking the crickets off this thread, in case anyone is interested.

Here's the query:

Identical twins Leo and Jonny share more than a pretty face. They’re descendants of Thomas Jefferson and have supernatural abilities--as did Thomas, as does everyone on Earth. America’s founding fathers knew it. Leo, Jonny, and the other descendants know it. No one else does.

Leo wants to change that. Jonny doesn't.

Driven to free mankind, Leo begins awakening people’s inner gifts. Jonny rallies the descendants, charged to save humanity from self-destruction. When Leo rouses a bullet-resistant messiah, Jonny summons his fire-starting assassin. With his every move countered, Leo begs his brother to release his chokehold on the world. Jonny implores Leo to see the greater good. War is imminent.

Their ancestor’s battle was revolutionary in deciding a nation’s fate; theirs is evolutionary in determining the world’s. One twin is right, and only one will be left standing.

Lyx

Last edited:

Lyxdeslic

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so really. I'd be forever indebted to anyone willing to give her a read. I am nearing conclusion on an intense beta-editing session, so what I'm asking for now are readers.

Just readers. No line-by-line necessary. Only folks who are looking for something to read straight through. Think of it as a free book someone tossed in your bag by mistake.

So a free read, general feedback after, and I'm totally willing to return the favor to any extent: line-by-line; characterization scrutiny; scour for potential plot holes; feedback on story arc; etc.

And pie. I'm offering pie. Apple, pumpkin, pecan, humble, you name it. ;)

Thanks in advance.

Lyx--crossing fingers and hitting 'Post Reply'...now.

Lyxdeslic

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses to the call I put out for betas; they've been overwhelming.

I'm now well-covered and appreciate this board, and its fine people, now more than ever.

You guys rock.

Lyx

Status
Not open for further replies.