Andy Griffith is gone.

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
I just heard the news of his passing. Mayberry RFD was a regular part of my childhood.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Though I haven't watched much of him in my lifetime, he is a legend, that's for sure. May he RIP

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
A better, more serious actor than he got credit for, too. RIP, fella.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Probably didn't get as much credit for (or opportunities to display) his acting chops as he should have. He's stellar in A Face in the Crowd.

R.I.P. Mr. Griffith.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Probably didn't get as much credit for (or opportunities to display) his acting chops as he should have. He's stellar in A Face in the Crowd.

R.I.P. Mr. Griffith.

This is a great movie. It's in the DVR right now, as a matter of fact. He was so good in it, it makes me wonder why he didn't do more movies.

What a sweet, sweet man. I'm sad. :(

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
One of my favorite actors, and people, of all time. He will definitely be missed.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
After years of watching him as good ol' Andy and kindly ol' Matlock, it was a real sock in the gut when I saw him play evil ol' judges, and landowners. And he did both ends of the spectrum so well.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
A versatile, intelligent actor. He made a great bad guy in three tv movies: Pray for the Wildcats (1974); Savages (1974); and Murder in Coweta County (1983; this one costarred Johnny Cash as a rural sheriff, and he was pretty good).

He also was in a fun movie set in early Hollywood, Hearts of the West, in which he plays a writer who says something I've seen quoted on AW in someone's signature: "Anybody can call himself a writer. When other people call you a writer, you're a writer."

readitnweep

Registered
Reaction score
I've had decades of laughs and comfort thanks to Andy Griffith and Don Knotts on TAGS, and now my sons watch it endlessly, thanks to the miracle of DVDs. I'm glad he's not suffering, as I'd read he'd been ill for a long time, but yes - RIP.