View Full Version : [Business of Writing] Tax records

AW Admin
07-03-2012, 05:37 AM
You'll need to report royalties and other income from freelance/1009 writing work as part of your income at tax time. In the U. S. that's usually done on Schedule C. I'm not an accountant, and you should consult one, but here are some resources:

How to Report Book Sales Royalties on Your Tax Return (http://www.winepressofwords.com/2011/01/how-to-report-book-sales-royalties-on-your-tax-return/)

Obtaining an ITTN Number for International Authors With U.S. Royalty Income (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8125063#post8125063)