PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for a Beta?

maggi90w1
06-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Hey guys, my semester ends in 3 weeks. I will have plenty of time, but I don't really feel like writing something myself, so I thought I could help out a couple of other writers. English isn't my native language so I'm useless when it comes to stuff like style, grammar, spelling mistakes and so on but if you are looking for feedback about characters, plot, world building or if you just need someone to bounced ideas back and forth with... here I am.

I like stuff like urban fantasy, steam punk, science fiction, normal fantasy, dystopian fiction. YA is my favorite, but I have no problem with adult or MG fiction.

Just contact me. :)

NewKidOldKid
06-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Hey guys, my semester ends in 3 weeks. I will have plenty of time, but I don't really feel like writing something myself, so I thought I could help out a couple of other writers. English isn't my native language so I'm useless when it comes to stuff like style, grammar, spelling mistakes and so on but if you are looking for feedback about characters, plot, world building or if you just need someone to bounced ideas back and forth with... here I am.

I like stuff like urban fantasy, steam punk, science fiction, normal fantasy, dystopian fiction. YA is my favorite, but I have no problem with adult or MG fiction.

Just contact me. :)

Well, I have a long short story (or a short novella, depending on how you look at it) about the end of the world/zombies that needs a beta (something in the style of The Walking Dead: not a lot of actual zombie action, but the zombies are there). I'm looking for just what you're offering: an opinion on what works, what doesn't, the characters, etc.

I'm making some changes, so it won't be ready for about two more weeks. If you're interested, let me know!

comped
06-30-2012, 10:41 PM
I've got a YA 1 act (38 page) play that I need beta'd, that can be read immediately.

“The facts of romance” is a story of comedy, love, and teenage lust. It’s the story of William Potter, a freshman at Jonathan Larson High School, in New Bumpkin, MA, and Margaret Blake, a senior. When they go on a date, they end up staying out past her father’s curfew; they end up getting a hotel room. Then, things happen, and she ends up pregnant. William’s parents, Henry, and Lorraine, were pretty upset. They were not as upset as Sherman and Mildred, who hit the roof. The four parents verbally abuse the teens. Then the teen’s friends, and drama teacher, Mr. McIntyre, enter. Will proposes, and the wedding happens. Finally, Henry reveals that their other children are now expecting, prompting Sherman to ask for a shotgun, and they eminently tell their audience they’re going to hell, at which point the play ends.

If you're interested, PM me with your email, and I'll send it out ASAP.

comped

wishflower
07-01-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm still in revisions, but three weeks sounds just about right for when I'll be looking for betas (for exactly the kind of help you're offering, actually). Mine is a YA portal fantasy, about 72k (it's fluctuating some with revisions, but pretty steady around there). I've got the first chapter up in SYW (link in my sig) if you want to see if it's something you're interested in. ^_^

HLWampler
07-07-2012, 04:18 PM
My urban fantasy is complete. I have a few beta's with it already, but would love a few more.

It's a retelling of a classic fairy tale. So if you would like to beta for me, please feel free to contact me.