• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking to collaborate (spec. fic.) as an exercise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjcurrie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

I want to sharpen up my writing collaboration skills by doing some random short stories with a random partner. Like you (hopefully), I love fantasy and sci fi.... Though more than anything else, I just want to write. Here's a proposal:

Want to pick a broad starting topic, then take turns swapping half-chapters or so? We try to match each other's style and think about consistency. If things go smoothly, then great! If not, we've practiced writing a few thousand and it's no big deal. These are some kinds of starting topics I like:

- Astronauts stuck inside a spaceship
- Experimental fantasy world where there's an ocean in the sky, a city in the clouds, and demons on the ground
- Urban fantasy about vigilante crimefighters
- Urban scifi about vigilante crimefighters

Or anything else!

Let me know what you think,
-cj

PS: I am not adverse to working on a longer, more planned-out project if the opportunity seems right.

Status
Not open for further replies.