Personal relationships

popmuze

Last of a Dying Breed
Registered
Reaction score
Let's say a few of the editors I've worked with over the years are still employed at the major houses (amazing but true). If I submitted an idea directly to one of them, would that effectively circumvent the "agent only" rule?

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
popmuze said:
Let's say a few of the editors I've worked with over the years are still employed at the major houses (amazing but true). If I submitted an idea directly to one of them, would that effectively circumvent the "agent only" rule?

I'm not sure what you mean by "circumvent the agent only rule," but if I have contacts anywhere, I definitely use them.

popmuze

Last of a Dying Breed
Registered
Reaction score
I mean, at the places where they only consider manuscripts submitted by agents, if I have a contact with an editor there who likes my (book/proposal/idea) could I get it through even if I'm currently without an agent.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
popmuze said:
I mean, at the places where they only consider manuscripts submitted by agents, if I have a contact with an editor there who likes my (book/proposal/idea) could I get it through even if I'm currently without an agent.

If you can get them to express an interest in your work then it is a solicited submission so go for it